Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation and orientation. Where you at Autodesk?

Elevation and orientation. Where you at Autodesk?

We should have the ability to select a point and change the property by entering a value for X,Y,Z.  The entire point cloud could then change position based on this change.  Also, it would be nice to rotate the entire point cloud based on a reference plane or line or property value and resave.

I don't care if it takes a long time to recalculate every point.  It's easier than going back to registration, changing it there and then exporting again.

Where you at Autodesk???

9 Comments
AdvancedCM
Advocate

Absolutely agree! You always had this ability in Faro SCENE software!

tim.vetter
Advocate

I really like this idea.  ReCap can find the best fit for my overall floor and call this zero elevation.  Perhaps I can put all points, for my floor on a scan region and ReCap allows me to set this best fit to zero elevation (Z axis).  For orientation I can select two plant column faces to get my X and/or Y axis. BINGO!!!

mario.laflamme
Contributor
mika_jahkola
Enthusiast

In Recap 6.1 they finally improved the Update Origin dialog. Now you can set the origin coordinates manually and give rotation angles around all three axes manually.

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

matthew.ard2F7G4
Advocate

We'll see...

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk

@matthew.ard2F7G4 I tried to close this as the comment mentioned a way to perform this request. Please let us know if you think further improvement needed and we can try to weigh it in. 

matthew.ard2F7G4
Advocate

Thanks.  I will get in there and test it, but won't be able to do it for a couple weeks.  I will respond after I prove it out.

matthew.ard2F7G4
Advocate

Okay I was able to look at it this morning.

Is this coming through as an update?  I don't see any new tools or updates?  The update origin is still the same.  How do I go about updating the origin if I don't know where the model is located, in 3D space, relative to the origin to begin with?  Not to mention, there is no possible way to check this.  And what about rotation?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report