Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble importing and indexing multiple .e57 files

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1489 Views, 5 Replies

Trouble importing and indexing multiple .e57 files

Hello,

I am trying to import e57 files into Recap Pro and having 2 issues.

1. I can not use the import folder option as it only imports one file out of the 24 in the folder. I get the same result if I select the file option and select multiple files, or drag multiple files to the drag location. Only one file gets imported.
  2. I can not index more than one scan. For some reason I can index each of my scans into individual projects, but not all the scans into one project. Recap just won't index anything if there is more than one scan. I have tried all my scans individually and they work, so they can't be corrupt, so I am not sure what's happening. I attempted just letting it sit in case it was indexing without updating the progress bar but after four hours with just two scans I think I can rule that out, besides it indexes the individual files in a minute.

Any ideas on what is happening, or how I can figure out why I can't index more than one scan?

Here are the steps I take:

1. Open Recap Pro Version 6.1.0.71
  2. Click on new project
  3. Click on import point cloud
  4. Create new project name and location
  5. Select files to import
  6. Scan settings = filter scans standard, clip points 0-300, intesity clipping 0-100
  7. Click import files
  8. Click + (select files to import into your project)
  9. Repeat steps 5-7 for each file
  10. Click index scans

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
klarinda.gunadi.widjanarko
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi ssviro,

Probably the problem is because all of the e57 files have the same scan name.

Can you try to rename the scan name to different ones?

Regards,

Klarinda

Klarinda Gunadi Widjanarko
Senior Software Engineer
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you, Klarinda. The scans all have different names, so that is not the issue.

Message 4 of 6
yan.fu

Hi @Anonymous ,

Our dev team just tried importing multiple e57 files but cannot reproduce the issue you described. 

I think what Klarinda means is that the e57 file name is different but the scan inside the e57 file may have the same name, which will cause the other scans fail to import. 

If all the scan name (not file name) are different, a video or sample files may help us to find out more information about this issue.

Thanks,

Yan

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: yan.fu

Yes, that appears to be the issue. Thank you @klarinda.gunadi.widjanarko and @klarinda.gunadi.widjanarko . Is there any way around this in Recap? I was able to open the files in CloudCompare to verify that the scans were the same name. I renamed them and reimported into Recap and was able to index without any issues, however this is not ideal. Is there a way to see this information and/or modify this information in Recap?

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 6
klarinda.gunadi.widjanarko

Hi ssviro,

During import, you can see the scan name in the import files screen.

Afterward, you can see the scan name in the Scan Locations.

scan name during import and scan location.png

But for editing the name, I think we don't have that capability.

Regards,

Klarinda

Klarinda Gunadi Widjanarko
Senior Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report