Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh Missing Information from Scan

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
EliFHD4NN
330 Views, 1 Reply

Mesh Missing Information from Scan

I recently meshed a building scan I took of a warehouse but the scan came back with a chunk of the building missing. There was no furniture, structures within the building or complex shapes - just walls, a floor and a ceiling. The scan the .RCP i used for meshing isn't missing any data or .RCS files. I don't entirely know what went wrong here - I have meshed building scans before using ReCap's meshing tools. Just curious if others have experienced this problem or if there is a way to ensure it doesn't happen again. (Attached an image of the building mesh showing the missing portion  highlighted)

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
barmanr
in reply to: EliFHD4NN

Hi @EliFHD4NN ,

Were the scans associated with that portion hidden or clipped before starting the scan-to-mesh process? For scan to mesh, it usually is you get what you see in ReCap canvas except for classifications removals since the 23.1 update.

Another possibility I see is that perhaps not all the scans got uploaded during the uploading phase or the cloud did not accept them but unlikely as the upload phase adopts a retry mechanism.  Is there any chance you could share this dataset with us and I can run it directly with our engine and see if all is good? If Yes, I can PM you a private one-drive link for upload. 

Thanking You.

Warmest Regards,

Rishov Barman
Reality Capture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report