Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate need

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
RJK42
958 Views, 10 Replies

Desperate need

This just Happened today

See image - I need to finish this out and I cannot 

This is from a faro scanner and it was going fine today but now I cannot stitch the scans correctly

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
yan.fu
in reply to: RJK42

Hi @RJK42 ,

Sorry about the inconvenience you are experiencing. 

Does this issue happen to some other projects? Or only scans from a specific laser scanner?

Could you try the following?

* Put the project in local SSD drive

* Delete the files in the temporary cache folders folder to let the files regenerated in case that something went wrong previously.

If the issue still happens, could you provide your Faro raw scan files to us for further investigation?

Thank you!

Yan

Message 3 of 11
RJK42
in reply to: yan.fu

This just happened. I have been working on the same project and this just changed. I send the files to support at FARO and they see nothing wrong.

Where is the folder located to clear the cache?

Message 4 of 11
yan.fu

The cache folder is "Temporary Cache Files" folder inside the project Support folder. 

Maybe there is some glitching in the cache file generation. 

Message 5 of 11
RJK42

its happening specifically to my laptop but not by other computers. what does that mean?

Message 6 of 11
RJK42

now I'm finding it happening to the other computer but its randomly doing it.  

Can you give me step by step?

I have the latest 2022 installed

Message 7 of 11
yan.fu

Close ReCap.

Open #your project# Support folder and then open 'Temporary Cache Files' folder and then clear all the files in it. 

Open ReCap and it may take a while to generate all the new cache files. 

If the problem still exists after the cache file refresh, we need to take a look the project to see what happened. 

yanfu_0-1629409996755.png

Message 8 of 11
RJK42

i did that and it still is happening but I realized that once I put it on an external Samsung ssd its not doing it there.

What can I send you to see?

FARO doesn't see an issue but I would like for you to take a look

Message 9 of 11
RJK42

AGAIN!  I WANT TO THANK AUTODESK FOR NOT SUPPORTING THEIR PRODUCT.

THIS ISSUE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY FARO SCANNER, SETTINGS...ETC.  INFACT I REACHED OUT TO FARO AND THEY HAD NO ISSUE USING FARO SCENE.  THIS ISSUE IS AUTODESK RECAP. I HAVE LOST HUNDEREDS OF HOURS USING THIS DISGUSTION SOFTWARE.  THIS ISSUE IS HAPPENING INTERMITTINGLY AND THE WAY I SOLVE IT WAS AFTER UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING 2022 WASN'T WORKING, CLEARING THE TEMP CACHE NOT WORKING, I DECIDED TO UNINSTALL 2022 AND REINSTALLING 2021 - THAT SOLVE THE ISSUE.  BUT I AM WILLING TO FORK OVER $5K ON 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE BECAUSE I HAVE LOST MUCH, MUCH, MORE IN THAT WITH WASTING MY TIME WITH THIS CRAPPY SOFTWARE.

BEWARE OF RECAP!!  THEY NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER!

Message 10 of 11
yan.fu

Hi @RJK42 ,

We are sorry for your experience and apologize that we didn't provide useful help. 

Our team have been working with ReCap projects on external SSD and we haven't seen this issue before. 

If you would like to provide us the project for the development team to look into this issue, I will pm you a link to upload the project. 

Best Regards,

Yan

Message 11 of 11
RJK42

THIS DIDN'T START OUT ON A SSD! THIS WAS ON MY M.2 INTERNAL SSD!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report