Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Ground Classification

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Pointdump
647 Views, 3 Replies

Automatic Ground Classification

Trying out the new >>>Automatic Ground Classification<<< in ReCap. Not getting the expected result, which would be Ground Points Only.
Here's the Point Classifications of my LAS file:
2109533 unclassified (1)
2958253 ground (2)
2677 noise (7)
723837 water (9)
2527 rail (10)
1778 bridge deck (17)
2 Reserved for ASPRS Definition (18)
When I use the new tool and create a surface in Civil 3D I get 5,795,275 points. What am I doing wrong? Point Cloud (EPSG:2967) >>>Link<<<
Dave

AGC_1.png

Ground_1.png

Ground_2.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sreed
in reply to: Pointdump

@Pointdump has gotten much further than me!  I have tried on various existing Recap projects and always get "Automatic Ground Classification for the current project has failed" immediately, without any dialog boxes or settings.  I am opening both structured and unstructured RCP and RCS projects.  The RCS originated from an e57.  Is there something missing in the manual that should indicated why this isn't working for me?  Does the source scan data have to be LAS format or some other format that supports classification?  I wasn't aware that these import formats survived being converted in Recap to RCS/RCP.

Message 3 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: sreed

Hi Scott,
I'm not getting the error message, but I also don't see that it does anything, I tried experimenting with Optimum and Custom. My point cloud, a LAS, is classified, and my expectation is that I can filter Ground (2) points. I sure would like to see some examples of what can be done and how to go about it.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 4 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: Pointdump

Further discussion >>>Here<<< in the Civil 3D Forum.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report