Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install AutoCAD Version 10 (not 2010) on a Windows10 Machine?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DartGTDan-2018
352 Views, 4 Replies

Can I install AutoCAD Version 10 (not 2010) on a Windows10 Machine?

As the title asks, can it be done?  I want to be able to use this old version at home for fun projects (all 2d wiring, maybe some construction plans (shed), etc...).

I think the old ACAD V10 is a 32-bit program and my new machine is a 64-bit (or vice versa).  I'm not real savvy with all the computer stuff, but I have installed the old ACAD V10 on my work desktops (as I got a new machines every ~3 years), so I figured I may be able to install it.

Any simple advice?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: DartGTDan-2018

Install with Floppy B or A disc ? 😀

If I remember it right, this needs to install with DOS and not Windows.

Well if you installed it successfully and it works, come back and tell everyone how you did it .

Message 3 of 5
pendean

V10 is 16bit, read this or get your IT person to do it, there is a good chance you'll be wasting time and money https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+run+16+bit+dos+program+in+windows+10

Why don't you go get some free CAD software designed in this era for today's computers instead?
Or are you really feeling that nostalgic?
Message 4 of 5
RobDraw

There are free or inexpensive programs that are much more advanced and can get you up and running without any of the issues you will encounter trying to get that relic running on Win10.

If your dead set ok on getting it going, I would suggest hunting for an old machine from that era or slightly later that has the appropriate OS or installing some sort of emulator on your current machine that would mimic the old Windows 98(?) that you need. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 5

Sounds like a no go!  Thanks for answering!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report