Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2000 on Windows 10 - 64 bit - SUCCESS

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
35632 Views, 21 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2000 on Windows 10 - 64 bit - SUCCESS

I installed AutoCAD LT 2000 on my new Windows 10 64-bit (NO VIRTUAL PC).  Very happy this still works for little projects. Hope this helps.

This is an updated post to install on Windows 10, modified slightly from instructions I posted a few years ago for installing on Windows 8. The following steps got it working for me. For Windows 10 I followed all steps except as indicated below except those beginning (Windows 8 ONLY).

1.  Copy the entire install CD onto hard drive (in a subfolder of course.  I put it on the D partition)

2.  Copy newer install shield SETUP.EXE or SETUP32.EXE to the main install folder (replace old SETUP.EXE)
    (See links at the end of this post)

3.  Set compatibility SETUP32.exe to:
 - Windows 98
 - Run as administrator

5.  Run SETUP32.EXE and install.
 - Enter the Serial Number and CD-key
 - Change the install folder to something respectable, "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD LT 2000
 - Set Options as you would NEXT, NEXT, NEXT

ERRORS I received a few errors and ignored:
 - "Cannot create folder while copying file objdbx.z"
 - "Cannot create folder "AutoCAD LT 2000"  <--- This is the Start Menu folder

6.  Once installed restart computer

7.  Do a or b
    a.  From an existing installation, copy the files:
        From:  "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared" (existing working install)
        To:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD LT 2000" folder (new install computer)

b.  If you don't have access to an existing working install on an older computer, copy the files from the install disk folder:
        To:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD LT 2000"
        (List of files to copy are attached below in "Comon-AutoDesk Shared Folder.txt")

8.  (Windows 8 ONLY) Goto "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD LT 2000" folder and loate aclt.exe
    a.  Right-click and hit properties.  Set Compatibility Mode to Windows XP
    b.  Create a shortcut to aclt.exe for launching (remember setup failed to create a start menu shortcut)

9.  (Window 8 ONLY) When opening a file associated to AutoCAD, I get the error, "There was a problem sending the command to the program."
    This is caused by Windows trying to pass DDE data when opening the file in compatibility mode.

FIX:
    a.  Create a ACAD.bat in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD LT 2000.  Put just this line in the batch file:
            START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoCAD LT 2000\aclt.exe" %1

b.  Run "Program Defaults" (hit the start button on the keyboard and type "Program Defaults"

c.  Click, "Associate a file type or protocol with a program"

d.  Change the .dwg and .dxf to open with the ACAD.bat file

e.  The icon will be wrong.  Leave or download a program such as this to change the icons for .dwg and .dxf
        http://defaultprogramseditor.com/files/DefaultProgramsEditor.zip

NOTES
 - You need your Serial Number and CD-Key, just like a normal installation.
 - I needed to copy the "Common Files\Autodesk Shared" folder from my a good installation on my XP computer
 - This was installed successfully on Windows 8 (non pro), 64-bit
 - I haven't tested on Windows 7, but it may install similarly
 - So far I have opened old files and

ATTACHED:
 - Is3Engine.zip (Newer installer .exe)  <----- This one worked for me
https://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/43/118485/1/Is3Engine.zip

- Is5Launcher.zip (Newer installer .exe)
https://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/43/118485/2/Is5Launcher.zip

- Common-AutoDesk Shared Folder.txt  <-- List of files in the AutoDesk Shared Folder
https://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/43/118485/3/Common-Autodesk%20Shared%20Fol...

Hope this helps some having troubles,
Sydney

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
luisarky
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello eatvitaminc,

I followed your steps up to number 6 and installed AutoCAD 2000 on Windows 10, 64 bit.

But there is no AutoCAD icon on the desktop or anywhere else to open the program.

How can I open the program without an existing DWG file?

The only place I can see that the software is installed is in the Control Panel under Programs.

How do I create an AutoCad desktop icon without uninstalling the program?

Could you give me some tips on how you did it?

I would really appreciate that 

luisarky_0-1705750430445.png

Thanks in advance

Message 22 of 22
cadffm
in reply to: luisarky

Hi,

How to start: Doubleclick acad.exe file!?

How to create a Link: In Explorer Desktop folder (or on the Desktop), right-click, new, shortcut

Target: The path to ..acad.exe  seach for it on your c: folder. Somezhink like this:

"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2000\acad.exe"

and with parameters, the full link:

"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2000\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-EN"

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report