Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 LT Activation Code

60 REPLIES 60
SOLVED
Message 1 of 61
Anonymous
19190 Views, 60 Replies

2010 LT Activation Code

I recently installed the new Windows 10 update.  When I open autocad it is asking me to activate my copy.  When I check the box to get an activation code, it tells me that it cannot be activated due to a serial or version number issue. 

Obviously, there is no support for 2010 and I cannot find a customer support number or email address to get this resolved.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA!

Tags (1)
60 REPLIES 60
Message 2 of 61
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Not sure why you upgraded your operating system that will not properly support the 2010 version of Autodesk products.   However as of Aug 31 2019,  product versions 2010 and earlier can no longer be activated.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/previous-version-support-change.html?_ga=2.173384935.534610519.1567342009-1825845532.1563196738

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 61
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I did not realize the new update was not compatible.

Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 61
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Windows 10 doesn't support anything below ACAD LT 2016 SP1.   Yes it may run or get installed under Windows 10 but history has already shown these Win 10 updates will take down these legacy versions.  But at this point you may not have a product to work with anymore if the activation part is messed up.  Like I said Aug 31st no more activation for these legacy products.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 61
Anonymous

I have had a similar problem.  I use this software daily, and need it to run my business.  I've paid for the software, I own it.  Why can I no longer use a product that I own?  I need the activation code now.

I run a small business and can't afford to buy the new software.  How difficult can it be to provide activation codes?  Please help.

Message 6 of 61
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

I understand your frustration, but we are only users here and relay the message that Autodesk stop supporting activation of product 2010 and earlier as of Aug 31st.    We can't provide you an activation code, because these codes come from Autodesk. The reason for the stoppage of the activation of these legacy/retired version is that the system supported by a 3rd party are no longer being supported.

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 61
Anonymous

Thank you for the reply. Do you know how I can contact an actual person to discuss this? The AutoDesk site is confusing and circular. I just want to have a conversation with someone that can help me.
Message 8 of 61
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Just go to Autodesk AVA (ava.autodesk.com) and follow the activation option.   Its chatting not talking but you can also call the activation department at (866) 681-4359

Update:  Sorry with AVA you have to type chat with agent and then follow the activation option.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 61
Anonymous

Thank you.

Message 10 of 61
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Please let the community know of your outcome after speaking or chatting with Autodesk on activating these legacy products.

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 61
Anonymous

You have one thing correct, won't activate.  AutoCAD LT 2010 runs perfectly fine even on the latest build 1909 of Windows 10, which hasn't been released to many yet, activation fail, yes, does it work, yes, perfectly fine.  

This is a BS money grab from AutoDESK to kill the activation mechanism.  Microsoft pushes Win10 FULL upgrades every 6 months, this isn't by user choice, it's forced.   Only now, with Win10 build 1909 is it an update, and only if you were on build 1903 before.  

Long gone are the companies that honored products that were paid for upfront unfortunately.  

Message 12 of 61
Anonymous

I believe that AUTODESK should not do this. Nonsense. Not everyone uses windows 10 as is my case using windows 7. So if I can no longer get an activation code, I lost my software that I paid for it? Pitiful AUTODESK. You have to solve this!

Message 13 of 61
Anonymous

I think that Autodesk doesn't allow me to use the software I bought is something fraudulent. I can undestand Autodesk doesn't support it anymore, but it's shameful it removes the license and doesn't allow to activate again. They think they can force us to keep paying everything they want, but I will not accept that blackmail.

I will never again buy Autodesk product, and I will make sure to do the worst publicity.

Message 14 of 61
Brico

Good morning i've need to activation code for autocad lt 2010 license permanently

the license number is 
xxx-xxxxxxxx

the code is  JC5Q HTNE NH5X JD9R 7R70 9Q2N P3SJ DHPZ

the license worked until November 2019

can you help us? 

Message 15 of 61
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Brico

@Brico 

Did you read any replies before posting?

As of Aug 31 2019 you can no longer activate product version 2010 or earlier.

What is the operating system you're using for this legacy version of ACAD LT?

Mark Lancaster

Message 16 of 61
Brico

Yes i read but for use this license what can i do, please?

Message 17 of 61
Mark.Lancaster

@Brico 

There's nothing you can do unless you already have it activated and running on an old machine.

You are no longer permitted to activate it after Aug 31 2019.

Mark Lancaster

Message 18 of 61
pendean

There is no "but..." sadly, it is too late, your old software is now dead.
Message 19 of 61
Anonymous

I still have a machine operating Windows XP.  Why should I not be allowed to continue to use a product I paid for?  If Autodesk wants the convenience of eliminating the activation service, provide a way for legitimate users to have a perpetual activation code.  Can you imagine purchasing a new Ford F-350 in 2008 with electronic key fobs, and one day in 2019 attempting to start your truck with unresponsive electronics?  No start, no ignition.  You go to the dealership and they state "well, the software in your fobs expired, and we will not remedy it.  We could, but we don't want to.  Of course, you DO still have your truck that you paid for, it's just you won't be able to drive it anymore.   We're really sorry about that".  Automotive companies have sense not to do something so moronic.  It's intellectually dishonest and it's immoral.  I sincerely hope that a class action lawsuit is formed against Autodesk over this issue.  I'll be the first volunteer to sign the petition.   They can call me now.  Terry Livingston (251) 287-2605.

Message 20 of 61
brano93FBZ

Exactly same thing happened to me right now! After updating to WIN10 build 1909 the license has expired and needs to be reactivated. BUT there is no activation possible for 2010 LT version. This is not fair!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report