Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nc programs machine tool and the option file's machine tool differ

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1727 Views, 8 Replies

Nc programs machine tool and the option file's machine tool differ

autodest.PNG

Hi there, 

So I just started running Version: 2018.0.4.1212130 .
Since switching (when though I'm using the same macros and paths to access the posts and MTD), I'm getting this error saying that "Nc programs machine tool and the option file's machine tool differ : different limits".

This example is on the most basic toolpaths. 

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TK.421
in reply to: Anonymous

it means the limits in the post differ from the limits in the machine tool file. for ex: mtd x limits are +/- 60in and in the post they're +/- 61in. it's nothing to worry about, Mine does the same for my elevation axis because I'm too lazy to fix it. my macro suppresses that issue for me automatically

--------------------------------------
Former Expert Elite Member (not enough participation in all their webinars and other "stuff", even though I beta test and regularly contribute to the betterment of the software and the PowerMill community as a whole)

the numbers never lie
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: TK.421

I'm currently using the same MTD and post (in 2018) as I did in 2016, that I'm using on the other screen without getting that error.

I see that 2018 may have downloaded a new post processor possibly.
Maybe that's it?

Message 4 of 9
TK.421

thats possible, or it could be a bug in 2018. if you've not changed anything and are running same mtd & post, i would not worry about it. you can write a macro that suppresses that when you post

--------------------------------------
Former Expert Elite Member (not enough participation in all their webinars and other "stuff", even though I beta test and regularly contribute to the betterment of the software and the PowerMill community as a whole)

the numbers never lie
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Delayed update : 2018 has an extra verification process that actually checks to see if the limits in your post and mtd are the same. 

This is a great feature and shouldn't be ignored, in case they used limits to right right hand machine (instead of a left hand machine) or something like that. 

Mine was not a 2018 glitch, definitely worth checking it out. 

Thanks!

Message 6 of 9
jonathan.artiss

@Anonymous

PowerMill 2018 has more stringent checks between the MTD and post and they need to match 100% or you will get the message saying that the limits differ.

You should have this corrected by your local post support team member. I would suggest creating a case through your Autodesk Account and attaching both MTD and post to be revised. 

Cheers,

Jonathan Artiss
Application Engineer
Submitting & Viewing Support Requests | Web Support | Phone Support
Message 7 of 9

@Anonymous

You should also update to the latest version 2018.1.2.1212155. I believe that some of these warnings were different in earlier version of 2018.

Cheers,

Jonathan Artiss
Application Engineer
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jonathan.artiss

Yes, I've done that.

I was trying to update this post to let everyone know that it was definitely a valid warning and I'm glad I didn't ignore it.

The autodesk team went over my mtd and post and fixed any issues.

Thanks again. 

Message 9 of 9
jonathan.artiss

@Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I've done that.

I was trying to update this post to let everyone know that it was definitely a valid warning and I'm glad I didn't ignore it.

The autodesk team went over my mtd and post and fixed any issues.

Thanks again. 

Very good and thank you for the update on the post. I am happy to hear that everything is working now. 

Cheers,

Jonathan Artiss
Application Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report