Community
Netfabb Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Netfabb Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Netfabb topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non uniform porosity of lattice

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MPD3DI
364 Views, 2 Replies

Non uniform porosity of lattice

I am incorporating trabecular lattice in some of my implants. But the trabecular lattice is forming in nonuniform porosity. At some region, the lines of highly dense lattice is forming. 

This is not the problem of stl file of my implant. The same problem is occurring in the standard parts created from the part library. 

This is very undesirable for us being the medical implant company. Please provide the solution. 

In other softwares very homogenous trabecular lattice is generated. 

I am attaching the screenshot. wanted to attach project file,  but no provision here to share project file.

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MPD3DI
in reply to: MPD3DI

Attaching more pics. 

Surprisingly there is a large variation in lattice porosity around the volume. 

Message 3 of 3

Hello, @MPD3DI,

Thank you for letting us know. This appears unreliably, and also appears to not be related to original part shape. For now, I can only recommend either trying until the lattice is uniform, or create a uniform lattice on a dummy body which you then trim to shape using the actual part and the Roles function (https://help.autodesk.com/view/NETF/2021/ENU/?guid=GUID-177FE9B3-4C52-46E0-8AE3-77E5CDAE3155#GUID-17....

Kind regards,

Steffen

Steffen Anders

Autodesk Netfabb Team

Netfabb resources: Online HelpNetfabb knowledge baseForumsHomepageYouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report