Did you mean: 

WBlockCloneObjects for Annotative Styles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BrentBurgess1980
383 Views, 2 Replies

WBlockCloneObjects for Annotative Styles

Hi All,

I have noticed that when I use WBlockCloneObjects on Table Records that have an annotative property (Dims, Text etc), there are properties that do not get updated (Annotative, Dim Break Size).

Did some simple tests across various code examples and found the same result.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Brent

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
moogalm
in reply to: BrentBurgess1980

I'm assuming when you insert a block using WBLOCKCLONEOBJECTS for second time, wherein the attribute field shows up as  something like this “#######” .

This is an expected behavior, as the connection between attriref and Bdef is lost, you have to restore the connection after cloning.

If you can explain in detail the behavior,we can discuss on this.

Message 3 of 3
BrentBurgess1980
in reply to: moogalm

Hi Madhukar,

The issue isn't really to do with the attref etc. I'll try to expand on the issue.

I have a dws file that has our styles in it (Text, Dim etc), and they have an Annotative property.

When I run my command in my drawing to import the text styles, it will import the text styles from the dws file. (If Annotative is true for the style in the dws file, it will be true in my current drawing).

The issue arises after I change a style in the dws file (ie change the font, whether it is annotative or not).

When I try to WBlockClone the Text Styles between the drawings again, the font will update, but the annotative property will not update in the current drawing to reflect what is in the dws file.

I hope that clarifies my issue.

I look forward to any news you may have.

Regards,

Brent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta