Did you mean: 

Updating DBPoint size as Transient graphics

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
norman.yuan
609 Views, 2 Replies

Updating DBPoint size as Transient graphics

As we all know, we can use system variables PDMODE and PDSIZE to make DBPoint displayed in certain stype (dot, circle, circle with cross...) and size (absolute size and size that relative to screen size).

In a process of a programming project, I need to use DBPoints as Transient Graphics to show preview of a particular action. I use the default PDSIZE (0.0), which is 5% of the screen height. These DBPoints are not DB-residing, of course.

When the trabnsient graphics are generated, they are in correct DBPoint mode/size. However, if I zoom in/out during the preview, the transient graphic DBPoint's size looks like fixed size (that is, getting bigger when zooming in and smaller when zooing out), as opposed to remain in 5% relative size. However, the real DBPoints during zooming, remain in 5% relative size, of course, as expected.

I figured that the transient graphic DBPoints need to be re-drawn when the view zooming in/out. Now here is the problem: is there an even in AutoCAD process that I can catch so that update the transient graphics when user scroll mouse wheel to zoom in/out (other than going deep to deal with Windows message pipe)? I could not find any within AutoCAD API, but I may missed something obvious.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Please try document reactor ViewChanged.

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3

Ah, of course, Document.ViewChanged is the one I am looking for. I was just blind for some reasons. Thanks.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report