Unable to locate path information file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nitin.rathod3CW9S
272 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to locate path information file

Hi,

I'm getting 'Unable to location path information file' for AutoCAD 2020's 'contentlib.xml' file path when creating new AcadApplication object.

To give more background, I had AutoCAD 2020 and 2022 both installed on my laptop. the original program was developed for AutoCAD 2020. Later the references changed to work with AutoCAD 2022. Program worked as expected when I had both versions available on the laptop. Later I've uninstalled 2020 and issue started to show up.

Like many support articles on Autodesk site, I've checked the file paths in content manager 'AMCONTENTMANAGER'. File paths there are pointing to 2022 folders but still I'm getting this error. Below is the sample program which is showing the same issue.

Please advise.

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop

Module Program
Sub Main(args As String())
Dim vAcadApp As New AcadApplication
End Sub

End Module

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

It seems to me, you need to re-compile the application with the correct AutoCAD COM Interop version being referenced, because it is early-binding. Acad2020 and Acad2022 are not on the same COM API version (acad2020 is v24, while 2021 to 2024 is V24). That is, you need to remove the references to Acad2020 COM type library/ObjectDBX common 23.0 type library, and add references to Acad2021 type library/ObjectDBX common 24.0 type library. (or simply repoint the reference to Autodesk.AutoCAD.Intero.dll and Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Commom.dll that comes with Acad2022. Then you recompile the application.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

I’ve already tried recompiled application with 2022 references. My current application has 2022 references and still i get the error 

Message 4 of 6

Does anybody know or experienced such issue?
Message 5 of 6

Without seeing your Visula Studio project / solution, it is difficult to determine what is causing your issue. Is there any way that you can post your project for others to troubleshoot your issues? 

Message 6 of 6

Looks like I found the root cause of the issue.

Like I mentioned in my query, I uninstalled AutoCAD 2020 leaving 2022 behind. even after changing the vb.net project references, I was getting the soft error.

When I looked at my list of installed programs, I found that even after uninstalling 2020, it left below two components behind. Uninstalling those from Add remove program has fixed my issue.

1. Autodesk Material Library 2020

2. Autodesk Material Library Base Resolution Image Library 2020

Thanks @norman.yuan  and @hippe013  for looking into my issue.

-Nitin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta