Did you mean: 

Store and Restore Layouts in Drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
christof.koechli
109 Views, 1 Reply

Store and Restore Layouts in Drawing

Hey all

I’m stuck at a part where I need to «store» layouts.

Simply said, I have «Phases» in which I need a set of layouts to go with the "Layersettings" in the modelspace. The layouts are somewhat different each time and have a different Block with different attribute values as Titlepage.

Now I’d like to store a set of layouts to a «Phase» and then switch through them, dynamically creating all layouts as they were when they have been saved.

For all other purposes I use xrecords in the nod to store the presistent values I need.

In the case of layouts it does not seem feasable. There is so much information I would need to convert to the simple datatypes of TypedValues and arrange them in a way it is maintainable.

Any pointers for me in which way I should deepen my research?

Maybe I could «dislocate» the Layout entry from the Layoutmanager and just let it «float around» to later get it again.. If that even works somehow. The associated Blocktablerecord to the layout could be done that way but needs to be protected from Purging it.

There could be another drawing which stores all these layouts and i could copy them if needed, but i'd like to evade the dependenciy.

Thanks for any inputs!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I think the only option for persisting layouts is to store them in another drawing file. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta