Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie - .NET insert object Autocad in background

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
369 Views, 1 Reply

Newbie - .NET insert object Autocad in background

This may be a duplicate post in the general Autocad section...Sorry!  Stumbling across this forum, it seems more appropriate.  My question below:

I am new to Autocad customization, so would appreciate any help!

We want to be able to insert an object with data attributes into an Autocad drawing based on whether a field in a database requests it or not.  Ideally, the command would not be initiated by Autocad, but another program running outside of Autocad (VB or C#) and an SQL database, but Autocad can be running in the background somewhere.  The drawing would be stored in a directory and the program would open the drawing, insert the object, revise the data, then close the drawing.

Is this possible, and is it straightforward?  Is using the .NET framework the best approach?

Would appreciate some beginning weblinks or tutorials to help me start researching this.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to this discussion forum

Please have a look at ScriptPro that is provided with full source code :

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/02/customizing-scriptpro-20-to-p...

ScripPro is an external application that executes scripts inside AutoCAD. That should provide some help with your own implementation.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report