.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could anyone tell me the autocad version list and its .net framework version?

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
swaywood
13842 Views, 22 Replies

Could anyone tell me the autocad version list and its .net framework version?

Hi:

I want to know the autocad version and its .net framework version list from ACAD2007 to ACAD2017?

And from which version the accoremgd.dll exist?

best wishes

swaywood

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
_gile
in reply to: swaywood

Hi,

Here's a little recap table:

AutoCAD version Required AutoCAD .NET libraries Installed .NET Framework Earliest usable version
AutoCAD 2007 R 17.0 AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 2.0 Visual Studio 2005
AutoCAD 2008 R 17.1 AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 2.0 Visual Studio 2005
AutoCAD 2009 R 17.2 AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 2.0 Visual Studio 2005
AutoCAD 2010 R 18.0 AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 3.5 Visual Studio 2008
AutoCAD 2011 R 18.1 AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 3.5 Visual Studio 2008
AutoCAD 2012 R 18.2 AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 4.0* Visual Studio 2008
AutoCAD 2013 R 19.0 AcCoreMgd, AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 4.0 Visual Studio 2010
AutoCAD 2014 R 19.0 AcCoreMgd, AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 4.0 Visual Studio 2010
AutoCAD 2015 R 20.0 AcCoreMgd, AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 4.5 Visual Studio 2012
AutoCAD 2016 R 20.1 AcCoreMgd, AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 4.5 Visual Studio 2012
AutoCAD 2017 R 21.0 AcCoreMgd, AcDbMgd, AcMgd .NET Framework 4.5 Visual Studio 2012

*Notice you can build AutoCAD 2012 assemblies against .NET Framework 3.5 (VS 2008)

You can build assemblies against later .NET Framwork versions than the one installed by AutoCAD. In this case you have to ensure this Framework version is installed on the target computers.

You can also have a look to this post.

Gilles Chanteau
Programmation AutoCAD LISP/.NET
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 3 of 23
_gile
in reply to: _gile

Oopss.

The .NET Framework installed with AutoCAD 2017 is 4.6, but assemblies targeting AutoCAd 2017 can be build against .NET Framework 4.5 (Visual studio 2012).

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 4 of 23
_gile

You can also read this topic form the help.

Keep in mind these are recommandations, you can build an application targeting AutoCAD 2007 against .NET Framework 3.5 (installed with Windows 7) with Visual Studio 2015.

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 5 of 23
_gile

Here's a more readable table (you can also download the attached PDF):

AutoCAD versions.png

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 6 of 23
kdub_nz

Thanks Gilles

I'll throw in a reminder that VS2013 will not compile C#6.0, only C#5.0 or prior.

The VS2013  will compile C#5.0 code and will work for AutoCAD 2017, but we'll need VS2015 to benefit from C#6.0.

Regards,

// Called Kerry in my other life.

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

Message 7 of 23
_gile
in reply to: kdub_nz

@kdub_nz

You're right Kerry, this table doesn't show the relationship between Visual Studio versions and languages (C#, VB, F#, ...) versions, but this is a more general .NET subject not related to AutoCAD.

Anyway, I don't see any reason to use another version than Visual Studio 2015 (and benefit the C# 6.0 goodies*) except when using the DotNet Wizards which seems to only work with specific Visual Studio versions (i don't use them).

* C# 6.0 language enhancements is compatible to .NET Framework starting from 2.0.

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous

Since you're at that, you can also list the Platform Toolset version for whom needs to develop also in ObjectARX and/or in a mixed environment...Smiley Wink

For example:

AutoCAD 2010, 2011, 2012 - Platform toolset = v90 (VS2008)

AutoCAD 2013, 2014 - Platform toolset = v100 (VS2010 SP1)

AutoCAD 2015, 2016 - Platform toolset = v120 (VS2012 SP4)

AutoCAD 2017 - Platform toolset = v140 (VS2015)

Visual Studio version is the minimum version usable, and must be installed even if you may want to use a more recent VS version.

Message 9 of 23
swaywood

Hi,Gile:

Thank you so much!

Your replies really help me a lot.

best regards

swaywood

Message 10 of 23
swaywood

Now i use vs2015 + .Net framework4.51+AutoCad2016 to make code in 64bit system because of i needing to 'Edit and Continue' in 64bit computer.

and vs2013 for 32 bit system because of vs2015 is really difficult to run in 32 bit computer.

swaywood

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous

Hi, sorry to dig up this discussion but I have a question related to the versions. Where can I find versions of AutoCAD's assemblies compatible with .NET Framework v4.0 ?
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you mean the SDK, named ObjectARX <version>, you can find all versions here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=785550

Message 13 of 23
_gile

Hi,

You can find ObjectARX older versions here (thanks again to Alexander).

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous

Hi. Just what I needed, thank you 🙂
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous

I installed the SDK for AutoCAD 2017 so that I can convert my apps to AutoCAD 2017 from AutoCAD 2014.  However, I do not have AutoCAD 2017 installed yet.  Is that why I'm getting warnings when I do the build?

The warnings are like this: 

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning The primary reference "AcMgd, Version=18.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the assembly "Acdbmgd, Version=21.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" which was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". 00-RegMyApp

Message 16 of 23
_gile

Hi,

Most of the time, you don't have anything to do. A working app on AutoCAD 2014 should work 'as is' on AutoCAD 2017.

If you really want/need to build a specific assembly with the 2017 libraries (e.g. using new AutoCAD 2017 features), you have to reference all AutoCAD libraries (accoremgd.dll, acdbmgd.dll and acmgd.dll) from the 2017 SDK (and build your assembly against .NET Framework 4.5).

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous

Hi _gile, 

I need to develop to AutoCAD 2017. I have Visual Studio 2012, and I develop with C++ ObjectARX.

I tried to compile my "Hello" application using the Libraries using 64 bit  of 2017 ARX. It compiled successfully.

I tried to upload the ARX Application and I got the message: "Unable to load Hello.arx file.

What can I do to try make it work?

Thank you,

Nirit 

Message 18 of 23
_gile

Hi,

I don't know much about unmanaged ObjectARX (this is the .NET forum here) but from what I can read in the docs (ObjectARX 2017\docs\readarx.chm, Release Notes):

API Compatibility

Please note that AutoCAD 2017 breaks binary compatibility requiring a recompilation of all ObjectARX applications.

Development Environment

Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 must be used when compiling projects for use with ObjectARX for AutoCAD 2017 release.

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous

Thank you.

Message 20 of 23
Alexander.Rivilis

@Anonymous

There is  a ObjectARX (unmanaged C++) forum: ObjectARX

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report