Did you mean: 

Copyclip doesn't work in accoreconsole

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
397 Views, 2 Replies

Copyclip doesn't work in accoreconsole

Hello,

All sources say that _copyclip command works in accoreconsole but it looks like not exactly the same way like in Acad with GUI.

It does recognise command _copyclip and _pasteclip, but Windows Clipboard Manager seems to remain empty and using clippaste in Acad with GUI paste nothing as well. 

My main goal is to add a feature to my Inventor AddIn: open drawing in accoreconsole copy all entities and the paste it all into Inventor sketch. Any clue? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SeeMSixty7
in reply to: Anonymous

After trying a few things, it does not appear that ACCORECONSOLE supports copying to the clipboard. I like the thought process, but does not look like it will work using ACCORECONSOLE. Have you considered just running another AutoCAD instance to open the drawing copy the drawing to clipboard and exiting that instance of autocad?

Good luck,

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: SeeMSixty7

Well It's almost the same thing like doing that manually ctrl+c > ctrl+v, the console is faster(I wonder why copyclip is recognised by console version at all).

Anyway, I thought it through and dig a bit more. It looks like the Inventor can import Acad files right away on its own and create parts using 2D data I will give it a try. 

I suppose this post can hang here I'm curious what's wrong with those command(copy/paste clip) and accoreconsole.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report