Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating true north to project north

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
aruckerY7D6L
101 Views, 0 Replies

Rotating true north to project north

I have seen several questions for this but no answers that I have seen that fit our needs.

We have NWCs from several other contractors and ourselves, everything lines up as desired there. The project is rotated slightly from True North with an origin point over 600 miles away, so running a dimension shows a rotation.

We want our dimensions to align straight but our models to not be moved in space; just the north rotation. The duct below is modeled in Revit at Project North and is straight from left to right, but in Navis (using True North) you see it is rotated.

aruckerY7D6L_4-1715872840003.png

Yes, we can rotate everything in the Units and Transform window (given only one model at a time), this makes our dimensions work but if we send viewpoints made with this rotation to another trade, they are sent away from the model since they are not rotating their models. 

Using the File Options > Orientation only changes which axis is north so this does not work either.

I also tried the "Set Current View as Front" option at the view cube and, while it did rotate the alignment of where Front is, the dimension still shows a rotation.

aruckerY7D6L_1-1715872743825.pngaruckerY7D6L_2-1715872749764.png

Having all companies change how they export or run their Navis models isn't a viable option this far along in the process.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report