Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWC Export from Revit: Retain the Color Overrides from Filters

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
VDCAD2
2288 Views, 5 Replies

NWC Export from Revit: Retain the Color Overrides from Filters

The easiest, most efficient and intuitive way for many of us to see our content developed in Revit with the same color overrides in Navis would be to allow a transfer of the Filters created in Revit and applied to the NWC Exported view. I know there are a number of options to achieve this, to apply colors to the components in Navis via Appearance Profiler and Search Sets, individual overrides, or direct material duplication / manipulation in Revit, those are not as intuitive as it would be to use the tool that many (if not most) users already use, being Filters in Revit.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pbusciglio
in reply to: VDCAD2

Following.

Autodesk needs to address this.  This is a very common issue and it takes many hours to fix this with work arounds.  

Please fix this! 

Message 3 of 6
AntBee321

Agree with this.  The dwg and dwfx exports carry forward the filter overrides into the exported models - Nwc should have an option to do this as well.  Sadly dwgs dont carry meta data and the dwfx exports dont export to the projects shared coordinates!!!!!!!! i think colour filters do carry into ifc files.  So simplest workflow would be to export to ifc then append ifc to navisworks which would generate the nwc.   Not ideal as not all models export to .ifc if they are large and my Revit session always crashes when exporting any model to ifc.  Revit 2020.2.9

Message 4 of 6
tpriceRMKGE

Any update on this?

Message 5 of 6
PatrickDavis20

As @AntBee321 mentioned, DWF will carry over your overrides. NWCs do not.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Patrick Davis
Twitter
LinkedIn
Blog
Message 6 of 6
Andrew.Frey

Still no motion on this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report