Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks cost schedule (5D BIM)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
abraham.laszloMMU6Z
525 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks cost schedule (5D BIM)

Hello Everyone,

My idea is the following: among the many, there are two great features in the software, the Quantification and the Time Liner. Both of the are linked to model elements. The Quantification has the quantities, the Time Liner has fields for costs (Material, Labour, Equipment and Subcontactor).

In that case, if it could be added the unit costs to Quantification's items, the model elements' costs can be calculated immediately.

Furthermore, hence these model elements are linked to the Time Liner too, which has field for these costs, by summarizing these, a cost schedule could be immediately created.

If there was such a development in the software in the future, it would provide a very useful tool for engineers working in the construction industry. Do you know of such development plans?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello

Thank you for posting to the forums.

We agree this is an important part of the engineers role but currently not planned to develop into Navisworks. Currently that use case is being managed by our Autodesk Construction Cloud products and Autodesk Assemble.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards 

Brett Parker
Navisworks Product Manager
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for the information.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Message 4 of 4

Hi @brett_parkerLUEP7 

I understand this is work in Progress, and Quantification in Naviswork being a bit of a challenge, I agree other softwares are more capable.

Unfortunately,
-ACC is not at the level of Navisworks yet regarding the capability of isolate copy (search sets).
-Assemble, being a great platform, is put in maintenance opposed to ......the development of ACC.

The latter wouldn't be an issue, if all the Autodesk portfolio could report to Assemble, but this is not the case.

I guess there is another way thinkable; do the quantification in Power BI, feeding it with an export from Assemble and .csv or BOM from the complementary softwares that Assemble cannot adress.

I find a strategy to handle large amounts of search-sets.

Solved: Assigning sets to timeliner activities... quickly? - Autodesk Community - Navisworks

Is there a workflow being established to re-use these same search sets in a Power-BI type of environment?

In other words...What is the best we can get regarding 5Dbim at the moment? 

Kind regards,

Willem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report