Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
al363903
716 Views, 8 Replies

Measuring problem

al363903_0-1716300294171.png

When trying to measure, instead of a fixed square marking the initial point when clicking for the first time, it appears a square everywhere I move the mouse, without even clicking. Then, after clicking for the first time, it happens the same with the orange line. Multiple measure without having clicked for the second time.

Thank you in advance for any help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello, 

Thanks for posting to the forums. Sorry you are experiencing these issues. Can you confirm you have tried a different mouse? This is unusual behaviour so it may also be worth reinstalling the product.

Regards

Brett Parker
Navisworks Product Manager
Message 3 of 9

Hello, I have the same issue. I used different mouse and uninstalled and installed. Please help. 

Message 4 of 9

I have the same issue, apologies I didn't see this post prior to creating a new post.

Changing mice does not resolve the issue

Message 5 of 9

I have a user here with the same issue.

It also happens on the full navigation wheel.

Message 6 of 9

I don't have any issues with mine now. I had this issue when I installed Navisworks 2025 on Windows 11. I installed Navisworks 2023 and fixed the dimension issues. 

Message 7 of 9
johan_van_mol
in reply to: al363903

I work for an Autodesk reseller.  One of our customers encountered the exact same problem in Navisworks Manage and Freedom 2025.  This problem is not related to the hardware/mouse.  I already created a case with Autodesk Support.  Could this be a bug in the Navisworks 2025 product line?

Message 8 of 9

Try turning off hardware acceleration in the settings

This has worked for me

Message 9 of 9

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply.

My customer confirmed that this also worked for him.

=> Turning "Hardware Acceleration" off.

johan_van_mol_0-1727776970492.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report