Community
Navisworks API
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC part has no geometies

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
862 Views, 3 Replies

IFC part has no geometies

I noticed a discrepancy between how navis shows objects and Solibri, Navis seems not to show objects categorised as LcIFCRepresentationHolder, why is this, or why does Navis categorizes data this way, rather than “body”

Original ifc file is a Tekla, and as mentioned in Solibri both objects are shown and as far as I can tell no difference between them?LcIFCRepresentationHolder.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After some (help) I found an earlier post, perhaps this is a problem and I'll need to try 2017?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-forum/ifc-objects-missing-in-navisworks/td-p/6047685

Message 3 of 4
ulski1
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Rickard,

First welcome to the forum. I just want you point out  that this forum is a place where we discuss programming using the Navisworks api. The topic you have posted is that you have found a bug in the Autodesk IFC loader. The standard procedure when you find bugs in the software is to login to your Autodesk support account and create a ticket in the support system. That way the programmers in Autodesk will be informed that there is an issue, and they will contact you and ask you to provide a sample ifc file so they can reproduce and understand the issue in order to correct the ifc loader

br

Ulrik

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ulski1

Hi, ok thanks ( I think) as you understand this is first time in the community, but as you point out I've (might) found a bug, OR I'm just doing it the wrong way.. Perhaps there is a solution, and that's mainly my question? In my project this is a big deal, and if I can't trust navis, who can I trust 🙂 , but I'll try via the support. Thanks

/Rickard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report