Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling 3D printed reinforced composites through laminates

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jamesbratt
150 Views, 0 Replies

Modelling 3D printed reinforced composites through laminates

Hi there.

I use a Markforged printer, which allows for the printing of Onyx, which is a nylon carbon fiber composite, along with concentric reinforcement of carbon fiber within it's prints. I am attempting to find an accurate way of utilizing Nastran for mechanical FEA modelling, but I have been unsuccessful. I have been experimenting using laminates, but the printing gives a honeycomb inner structure, as well as concentric fiber reinforcements along the edges and holes of parts, so the layers are not homogenous. I also still am not fully understanding how the laminates work, and if they are appropriate for the problem. If anyone has any resources that they think might be useful in my efforts or able to give any insight, I would really appreciate it. Most of the information regarding laminates I have found are with surfaces, where I have a printed complex solid part (an exoskeleton) I am trying to model.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report