Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identifying mat1 material.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ahilbert3PCG3
574 Views, 1 Reply

identifying mat1 material.

Hello,

I am getting a T2020 error followed by a T2061 error.  This indicates that mat1 field 6 (8) is unreasonable.  My issue is how do I locate what mat1 is?  I have multiple materials.  I used the Autodesk material library to associate the material to the model.  There are nine different materials used.  I can apply a different material or try to fix the issue but I am having difficulty determining which material is mat1.  Any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: ahilbert3PCG3

Hi @ahilbert3PCG3 

It would be helpful for readers if you would do the following:

1. Open the log file for the analysis. (Browse for it with Windows File Explorer. It is located in the folder with the name of the model > InCAD > FEA.  Use the "View" menu to display extensions if they are not shown. You are looking for the .log file.)
  2. Copy the text of the T2020 and T2061 warnings. (The text may be on multiple lines.)
  3. Put the text into your reply.

Most warnings like this give the line from the Nastran file. If this is one of those situations, the first number after the "MAT1" text will show which material 1 card has the problem. You can then look at the Nastran file, find the same line, and hopefully identify the material from the property values. Then you can locate it in the Inventor Nastran interface and fix the problem.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report