Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up FEMAP to work with Autodesk Nastran

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
aaneCTD3Z
595 Views, 7 Replies

How to set up FEMAP to work with Autodesk Nastran

Hi,

I use Autodesk Nastran as solver for FEMAP. I have used the following path to the Nastran C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Nastran 20XX\NASTRAN.INI. But every time I want to run the femap, the Nastran does not start automatically. In other word, I am forced to point out Femap to Nastran.exe file, then open the Autodesk Nastran, run and finally attach the results. Is it possible that when I am pointing out the femap to Nastran then it starts?, 

Br

André Nedaei

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
KubliJ
in reply to: aaneCTD3Z

Hi @aaneCTD3Z 

Did you add the Windows Environment Variables? Otherwise, it looks like you setup FEMAP correctly.

Thanks,

James

James Kubli, P.E.

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.
Message 3 of 8
aaneCTD3Z
in reply to: KubliJ

Hi @KubliJ ,

Thank you for the response. I did add  Windows Environment Variables and got an error in FEMAP and I can not open Preference anymore. Shall the link to solver in Tool-Preference - Autodesk Nastran still be added to an .exe file?, Or why do I get an LM_LICENS__FILE error?

aaneCTD3Z_0-1644233477292.png

Message 4 of 8
KubliJ

Hi @aaneCTD3Z 

I'm not sure what is going on. It doesn't seem to work anymore for me. Linking to the solver does not work, but linking to the editor works.

Not sure. From what I know, pre-Autodesk, NEi preferred that people linked to the editor, not to the solver. FEMAP may have changed things on their end too.

Have you checked with FEMAP support?

Thanks,

James

James Kubli, P.E.

Message 5 of 8
aaneCTD3Z

Hi James,

I was forced to delete the Environment variables otherwise I got constantly the license error. I have tried in FEMAP preference both editor and solver but non of them results in launching the analysis directly. I have tried to contact FEMAP support center in our area (Scandinavian) and as they do not have this type of solver, they can not help in this case. 

BR

André 

Message 6 of 8
aaneCTD3Z

Hello James,

Sorry to come back to this issue again but I have found out that in FEMAP->Result destination->Print and Postprocessing will lead to that the Editor will open automatically, however, it makes FEMAP to crash (noted that in Preference the solver is linked to Editor). Something you have experience with?, 

Message 7 of 8
KubliJ

Hi @aaneCTD3Z 

From what I recall, when linking FEMAP to the Editor, FEMAP is going to become unresponsive until the analysis finishes and closes. Is this what you are running into?

This problem is why I started to manually export the model and open the editor.

Thanks,

James

James Kubli, P.E.

Message 8 of 8
aaneCTD3Z

Hi James,

Exactly, then I continue do what I used to do, same as you described. I thought my FEMAP is unresponsive so this is simply due to the analysis is running in background.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report