Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Mudbox; How do I solve a crack around the whole mesh?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
290 Views, 0 Replies

New to Mudbox; How do I solve a crack around the whole mesh?

Hi, I was wondering if perhaps I can have some help? I am trying out mudbox and i'm sculpting this dude in armor. But I forgot to move the model's arms before applying the big panels for armor and the joint wanted to connect to too much. In order to get more control, I thought I could separate the mesh of the arms with the mesh of the body and rotate them. But Now I wanted to put them back. Trouble is my pc crashed and didn't let me save an alt version- mudbox seems to be autosaving or I'm subconsciously saving every five seconds, lol.

Anyways, now I'm stuck with this gross model. Combining the mesh somehow still left a huge crack. I've tried giving it some more space, fixing weird geometry, becoming bff with the Patch function... Nothing seems to work. The one time something DID happen, it patched up the hole... on the torso side. Leaving the arm mesh all alone. 😞

Any advice?

Here's a screenshot: https://i.snag.gy/Esei2P.jpg

On the right is what the crack looks like normally. (The holes were just weird spots I deleted.) On the left is me trying to get rid of any loose, over complicated polys that might be screwing me up. It goes around the whole shoulder.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report