Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2018.1 Update is now available for all platforms

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jill.ramsay
1629 Views, 4 Replies

Mudbox 2018.1 Update is now available for all platforms

Hi there,

I was holding back on sending this out until all platforms were available (there was a slight delay on the Mac). Mudbox 2018.1 Update, an important stability and quality release, is now available for download.

We've fixed over 75 serious defects (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/Mudbox2018.1_Update_Release_Notes_...). We've particularly focused on some key areas such as map extraction, symmetrical painting and sculpting, and Undo/Redo: http://docs.autodesk.com/MBXPRO/2018/ENU/#!/url=./files/GUID-4875124C-E33E-4DFC-A1BF-B0092BBA2F17.ht....

You should uninstall Mudbox 2018 before installing this update.

We hope you enjoy an improved experience with Mudbox 2018.1.

Now, onto some feature work!

Jill

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RGhost77
in reply to: jill.ramsay

Sadly bug "BSPR-27322 Wrong rotation values of imported camera from FBX" not fixed :(((

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com
Message 3 of 5
pannetl
in reply to: RGhost77

Hello RGhost77,

Looking at the history of the defect, this was deemed a limitation.
The note from the development team mentions that you need to have the same rotation order.

NOTE: the rotation value will only be the same if the Maya rotation order is set to zxy.

Can you confirm this is the case?

best,

-Louis

Message 4 of 5
RGhost77
in reply to: pannetl

@pannetl wrote:

Hello RGhost77,

Looking at the history of the defect, this was deemed a limitation.
The note from the development team mentions that you need to have the same rotation order.

NOTE: the rotation value will only be the same if the Maya rotation order is set to zxy.

Can you confirm this is the case?

best,

-Louis

Hello Louis!

I can't confirm because I'm using 3ds max when exporting camera to fbx. But to be sure I tried different Euler order for camera rotation controller in 3ds max when export to fbx. Also I tried different controller for camera rotation (TCB controller). All attempt with same result - wrong rotation of camera in Mudbox.

My current pipeline to avoid this bug:

- export Box ("dummy") object with same transform as camera to fbx

- after import .fbx to mudbox, I copy rotation angles from "dummy" object to camera (this is works because imported geometry object contains right rotation angles unlike of camera)

This is realy annoying if I have a lot of cameras 😞

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com
Message 5 of 5
RGrandmaison
in reply to: jill.ramsay

Any chance that some of that feature work will allow for the use of a VR HMD and controllers to allow for virtual sculpting???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report