Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Help with Retopology

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
648 Views, 3 Replies

Help with Retopology

Hi I'm a games art student working on my final major project. I'm quite new to mudbox and I'm confused to see every time I used retopology it actually increases the poly-count in the pieces of my model multiplying them to ridiculous levels. These are examples of the problem 

This is the original being 3,338,240 tris (crazy I know)

This one has been greatly reduced (10k)

I used a low target face however after the process the count becomes 100k... Please help and thank you for reading!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

1.png3.png

These are the pictures

Message 3 of 4
absoluteKelvin
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are doing symmetry retopo you do not need to draw the curves on both side. One side is sufficient. Having that many hard constraint so close to each other might cause issues. I would only draw 2 rings around the eye. One for the outside and one for the eyelids.

200 polys in extremely low for a face even for the base level. From your settings, Mudbox will transfer all the levels of detail onto the new mesh. Instead of replacing the original, a copy is created. This so that you will always be able to go back to the original model.

If you want the retopo to only give you low poly. check off Sculpted detail under Retopologize menu. That should give you want you need.

If you just need to low poly and dont want to do the retopo again what you can do is just go to Mesh > Delete highest Subdivision level.

https://www.artstation.com/kelvintam
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: absoluteKelvin

Thank you very much! You've helped me out the most. Didn't know all along that the one causing me problems was the sculpted detail box

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report