Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker Grill Structure Modelling

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
umut.yerlesen
722 Views, 4 Replies

Speaker Grill Structure Modelling

Hello everyone,

I need advice about preparing mesh model of the small blind and open holes contained on the some speaker cover parts. I inspected shape factor and equivalent thickness using is useful way for modelling but i'm not sure is that best way for modelling with DD or 3D meshing. I tried standart meshing procedures (for DD and 3D mesh) mesh element amounts achive 4.5-5M. Solver and my pc capacity not run analysis due to too much elements amount.

Could you share your experiences with me about meshing strategy for like this parts?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Good explanation from Sachin here about shape factor comparison between DD, Midplane, 3D and Shape Factor method.

Autodesk Moldflow Shape Factor - YouTube

Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Of course 3D is the most suitable mesh type for these features. But Midplane is more practical considering the long calculation time of 3D. And for big, shell-like parts, we nuormally use Midplane. If you want, we can introduce a China mesh vendor to you.

Message 4 of 5

Hi simulators,

Personally, when it is possible, I use Midplane models.

It’s faster and quite reliable versus the reality.

In the areas with opened holes, I set the thickness of the material separating the holes.

In the areas with blind holes, I set the thickness of the material in the bottom of the holes.

Except if it is thinner than the one separating the holes.

Good luck.

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Message 5 of 5

thank you for your helpful comments.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report