Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM configuration???

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
zoltan.tolmacs
1563 Views, 14 Replies

SCM configuration???

Hi All,

How can I see an ongoing study's progress without opening Moldflow? SJM was reachable from the taskbar, I could see the progress anytime.

Another issue I have with SCM that it's partly displayed in Chinese (or Japanese?). My account's language preferences are set to English (and always were).

2020-11-18_21-38-18.jpg2020-11-18_21-38-34.jpg

Where can I configure this thing?

Also it would be nice if the Desktop app could finally list Moldflow too. 

2020-11-18_21-40-51.jpg

Thanks,

Zoltan

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
  • SCM
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Try to solve your prob writing this string in your browser address controlbox:

[ComputerName]:[Port]/ComputeQueue/

Example:

My-Computer:43100/ComputeQueue/

Please note all config.json files are located in

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation Compute Manager\bin

Message 3 of 15

Ciao Gabriele,

Nope. I tried that, nothing changed. I was hoping there is some kind of 'settings -> language preferences' option somewhere in SCM. But thanks anyway, this is not a big deal.

Zoltan

Message 4 of 15

Szia Zoltan,

at least you can run Moldflow analysis, on my computer it doesn't even start working.

Still don't know why. Unbelievable but true.

Message 5 of 15

Well yes, mine is a luxury problem compared to yours 😞

Message 6 of 15

You made my day 😂😂😂

Message 7 of 15
dudym
in reply to: zoltan.tolmacs

Thank you Zoltan for your involvement. I will try and answer the first 2 questions of yours:

How can I see an ongoing study's progress without opening Moldflow? SJM was reachable from the taskbar, I could see the progress anytime.

SCM (unlike SJM) is fully web-based. There is no desktop application such as SJM's "tray-application".

You can always access it by using your browser to go to

http://localhost:43100/ComputeQueue/v1

("localhost" is exchangeable with your own machine name. But in most cases "localhost" is good enough)

Another issue I have with SCM that it's partly displayed in Chinese (or Japanese?). My account's language preferences are set to English (and always were)

That was a known bug that has been resolved already. It has nothing to do with your language settings.

A fix will be available as soon as possible

BTW: When this fix becomes available there's a bunch of other localisation issues that has been resolved. You will get SCM in your own localised language, according to the language of your browser

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David Margalit

SCM development team

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 15
dudym
in reply to: dudym

Another option: open your job viewer once (via the provided link or via Moldflow itself) and bookmark it. You can then go to that bookmark whenever you want, regardless of Moldflow

Message 9 of 15
zoltan.tolmacs

Hi David,

Thanks for the helpful info!

Zoltan

Message 10 of 15
zoltan.tolmacs

Well Guys,

The SCM language issue still persists in here 😞

I installed the lastest Synergy updates, windows updades, browser updates, ALL of them. The SCM is still in chineese.

Windows, Chrome, my Adsk profile and Moldflow are all set to english. HOW can I solve this?

Message 11 of 15
dudym

Can you please check what version of SCM you have installed?

Please go to "Programs and Features" and check this number: 

dudym_0-1616014276810.png

If it's anything below 1.2.xxx then you need to upgrade your SCM. We have a fix for it in the version of SCM that was released as part of Moldflow 2021.1

@raalteh Could you please give instructions to how a consumer can download SCM 1.2 online?

Message 12 of 15
zoltan.tolmacs

Hi dudym,
I have updated Synergy to 2021.0.1 weeks ago. And updated to 2021.0.2 today morning. SCM however is still not fixed on my end.
I have the following versions of Adsk apps installed:
Insight 2021 - 42.0.13
Synergy 2021 - 42.2.18
SCM - 1.1.31
Synergy Build - 20210303.1653_C18L18
Insight Build - 20200929.1045_C13L13
How can I update the SCM? I find no product updates in my Adsk account tied to SCM.

Thanks!
Zoltan

Message 13 of 15
dudym

Hello Zoltan,

Yes, so as I thought, you are using Moldflow 2021.0 (with applied hotfixes), which comes with an older version of SCM, before we applied a fix.

The best thing to do is to upgrade your Moldflow to 2021.release (not to be confused with 2021.0.1) .

This will automatically update your SCM to version 1.2.

@raalteh Could you please direct Zoltan to the exact location where Moldflow 2021.1 can be downloaded from?

Message 14 of 15
raalteh

Hi Zoltan,

I posted the 2021.1 announcement earlier on the forum. This should have the instructions you need.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/moldflow-insight-forum/moldflow-2021-1-the-localization-release-is-av...

Let me know if you need any other help.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 15 of 15
zoltan.tolmacs
in reply to: raalteh

Hi Hanno,

Thanks a lot, I'll get to it!

Zoltan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report