Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple-Barrel Thermoplastic injection molding || Visualizing pressure XY plot from each injection unit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
298 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple-Barrel Thermoplastic injection molding || Visualizing pressure XY plot from each injection unit

Hello, 

I am currently analyzing a part that will have 2 injection units.

The first injection unit/barrel will have 1 gate [A]

The second injection unit/barrel will have 2 gates [B & C] - both gates will open when the flow front reaches that particular area.

When I review the results I would have expected to see 2 XY plots to review independently each injection unit, packing profile, pressure, etc, however, I can only visualizar one general XY plot.

Can you please clarify how to properly visualize pressure related results?

See attached image for further reference.

Thanks,

Hugo Herrera

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bernor_mf
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Hi Hugo,
maybe you have already sorted this out.

Anyway, reviewing the Analysis Log the information is for master barrel, the default injection location.
This result will be plot "Pressure at injection location:XY Plot"

To visualize results for Sub-barrel injection locations, record the node id for sub-barrel.
Then create new plot Pressure, as XY-plot.

You could record all node id's for injection locations, master and sub-barrel, and put them in same Pressure XY plot.
Or do this for each location.

This could probably be automated by Moldflow API, to find node with boundary conditions for sub-barrel,
and create the Pressure XY plots.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report