Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldfow 2024 - Bugs/Issues

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RK1097
487 Views, 2 Replies

Moldfow 2024 - Bugs/Issues

Made a similar post for MF2023 a while back, talked to the support and was assured everything has been passed to the Dev Team and is going to get patched but nothing ever got fixed and never heard back. Same issues have carried over into MF2024 and then some.

New Bugs I've noticed so far in MF2024:

1. Hot Gate Nodes that have a valve gate controller assigned, CANNOT be deleted once the associated beams and vg has been removed. They just stay there and only work around is to manually merge the nodes to an existing node on your model.
  2. Cannot assign Valve Gate Controllers to the hot gates, always end up going back and doing this step in MF2023. I've experienced this in every project that was started in a prior version. See below.

Older Issues carried over from MF2023:

1. "Image Capture to File" still showing the view cube, navigation bar and the window controls(minimize, maximize and close buttons) in the exported images. Using "saveimage" function in a macro works perfectly fine, not sure why this hasn't still been fixed?
  2. Probe Points using "examine" tool when viewing results don't show in exported images as stated above. Again, "saveimage" works as intended.
  3. Folder location when importing/adding a file always keeps randomizing between Project folder or Last Folder. 

Minor issues to complain about but when you're using MF for 8+ hours a day and go through these commands multiple times, it starts to become more than just an inconvenience. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention the buggy logs, every few seconds the logs copy themselves from the very beginning and keep repeating until the process ends (analysis/mesh etc). It will get fixed if you close/open the logs but issue starts as soon as a new line gets added to the logs. For example:

Repeating-Logs.jpg

vg-Assign.gif

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mason.myers
in reply to: RK1097

Hello @RK1097 ,

I noticed your first issues last week and worked with Support to create a development case internally.  I agree merging the nodes will collapse/delete the "ghost" beam.  You should be able to right click on the hot gate beam, go to valve gate controller to assign valve gate controllers (that should be way easier than opening 2023).  

Mason

Message 3 of 3
RK1097
in reply to: mason.myers

Thanks for looking into it, Mason. Hopefully your involvement escalates the case. 

"You should be able to right click on the hot gate beam, go to valve gate controller to assign valve gate controllers (that should be way easier than opening 2023)."

I had completely forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder. It works, saves me quite a bit of time. I hope the bug gets looked at and is patched in the future though.

Thanks again,

Rahul.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report