Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow 2018.0 is now available

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
raalteh
2158 Views, 14 Replies

Moldflow 2018.0 is now available

Dear Moldflow Experts,

I’m very pleased to announce that the Moldflow 2018.0 products are live on Autodesk Accounts, and customers with active maintenance or subscription have been fulfilled! The contract manager for your account should have received a communication from Autodesk with instructions on how to access and activate your new release.

With 2018.0 we continue our quarterly release cadence of delivering new functionality, improvements and bug fixes.summary.JPG

The highlights of the release are:

1. We made Helius PFA available to customers with Moldflow Insight Ultimate on the new subscription license.
  2. You can now start analysis directly from the CAD model, without having to go first through a meshing step. You can still use the traditional workflow where you first create a mesh, quality and fix any outstanding issues, before submitting an analysis, but you now have the option to reduce your time to solution by starting most analysis sequences directly from the CAD model.
  3. You can now analyze the Multi-barrel Injection molding process. This process is used to produce very large parts using multiple, independently controlled injection units. We also completed an additional sequence in Injection Molding with a Compression overmolding.

In addition we resolved over 200 issues.

For a detailed overview of what’s new, please follow the link to the “What’s New in 2018.0” section in the online help (link).

If you have missed the last few quarterly releases, you can now get up to date with the highlights of the different releases on a new page on the Moldflow product page (link). We will continue to add content to this page with every update.

The team is already working on some very exciting capabilities we are targeting for the 2018.1 release next quarter!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hanno van Raalte, on behalf of the Moldflow team.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Tags (1)
Labels (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hello Hanno,

I am glad that the version 2018 now exists, but, I can't download it as a German user in my valid account, the last version is only the 2017 version.

I changed the language to English and I have the IE rebooted too, but nothing helps.

Regards

Michael

Message 3 of 15
viktor.seres
in reply to: raalteh

Great news! Thank you for the update! I see some interesting new features, which I am anxious to try! 

Message 4 of 15

Hi Micheal,

I will try to see if someone in support can connect with you.

Best regards,

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 5 of 15

Hello Hanno,

the same issue that Michael faced already:

Product Enhancements - Mozilla Firefox_2017-04-06_22-07-03.jpg

I'm also not sure if 2018 would take place under Product enhancements or (new "Full" version") in another place,

but at least 2 of the "2018 information + new tools" have found a place under "Enhancements".

Can't wait to find more - Easter is around the corner ... 🙂

Can't also wait to use my Spacemouse again.

Best regards

Harald

Message 6 of 15
raalteh
in reply to: harald_goetz

Hi All,

I have a bit more informaiton on on this. The upgrade of the user accounts was supposed to have been completed yesterday, but two server crashes caused a delay. The upgrades are running now and should be commplete by the end of the day).

In terms of where to find the installers for the 2018.0 release, i recorded a short video:link

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 7 of 15
KlausMüller8028

cannot download 2018

2variants with autodesk downloadmanager and Webbrowser download checked.

2017-04-07 09_25_29-Autodesk - Account.jpg2017-04-07 09_25_52-Error.jpg

Message 8 of 15

Today the download has worked
Thank you

Message 9 of 15
raalteh
in reply to: KlausMüller8028

Thank you first of all for reporting it and letting us know is resolved. I had reported this to the back end team on Friday, and they  resolved it over the weekend.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 10 of 15
sj.hwang

Hi team,
I'm Sujin Hwang in Korea.
I can't still download Moldflow 2018.
I changed language in English, but it's not work.
Also maintenance customer can't download.

Thanks, 

Kind Regards,

Sujin. 

Message 11 of 15
porca_paletta
in reply to: sj.hwang

You can find some direct download links here

But there is no Synergy link yet, I don't know why, just Insight and Adviser: could anyone post the Synergy direct link in that topic?

Thanks

Message 12 of 15
sj.hwang
in reply to: porca_paletta

HI Porca_Paletta,

Thank you for your help. 🙂

Kind Regards,

Sujin.

Message 13 of 15
porca_paletta

When/if Moldflow will be available in your account, could you please post Synergy link in that thread?

Thank you

Message 14 of 15
raalteh

Hi Sujin,

As a reseller, you will need to request a new license 2018. i will send you an email with instructions offline.

With regards to customers not seeing the release, can you send me account details so we can look into this. The release should be visible to all customers, unless there are issues with account setup. Let's take this offline and look into this as soon as possible.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 15 of 15

Unfortunatly I have no 2018 Products in my Autodesk Account.... What is the reason..?

11-05-_2017_14-00-52.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report