Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anomaly in Clamp Force Centroid

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
vgvimalkanth
476 Views, 4 Replies

Anomaly in Clamp Force Centroid

Usually, I would consider the "Runner System" option under the "Geometry" for obtaining the X & Y coordinates for the centroid.

But in one iteration, I have found an anomaly. The "Centre of Mold" and "Centre of Gates" coordinates are different from the "Clamp Force: Centroid" that is shown in the result.

Occurrence is 1.

I have attached screenshots of the "Runner System" dialog box and "Clamp Force: Centroid" result for reference.

For the final iteration, which coordinates should be considered for providing the injection location?

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PascalGosset
in reply to: vgvimalkanth

Hi simulators,

The center of mold, the center of gates and the clamp force center are not the same things.

This one is calculated when the clamp force is maximum.

It can be very different from the 2 others centers by example if the part is not symmetric.

Plate3a.gifPlate3b.gifPlate3c.gif

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Message 3 of 5
vgvimalkanth
in reply to: PascalGosset

Hi, thanks for your reply.

1. So should we considered only the Centroid location for providing the injection location?

2. Is there any calculations/ method to find the Centroid before running an analysis?

Message 4 of 5
PascalGosset

Hi simulators,

Ideally, you should center the sprue on the clamp force centroid.

This one is generally close to the part gravity center.

So you can get its location with your CAD software before launching your first simulation.

Otherwise, model a sprue where you think the clamp force centroid can be.

Launch the simulation and correct its position for the next simulations.

Last thing, concerning the small parts, the clamp forces are weak, so it is not necessary

to align the sprue on the forces centroid.

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Message 5 of 5
vgvimalkanth

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report