Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Forbidden error when trying to download MeshMixer

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
Anonymous
3814 Views, 31 Replies

403 Forbidden error when trying to download MeshMixer

Hello,

I am getting an 403 Forbidden error when I try to access the downloads at https://www.meshmixer.com/.  This happens in both Chrome and Edge and also in incognito mode.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Charles

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
hfcandrew
in reply to: Anonymous

Ya strange, I'm getting the same thing. 

@Andrew.Sartorelli   The website is not loading properly.

Message 3 of 32
MagWeb
in reply to: hfcandrew

Well, think Andrew Sartorelli isn't at Autodesk any more. Maybe @steffen.anders can help?

It's not just Meshmixer.com but also direct download links I posted here do not work any more for the WIN versions (macOS versions still do).

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 4 of 32
Anonymous

Same problem... ☹️

Message 5 of 32
hfcandrew
in reply to: MagWeb

Actually from your links, 3 of the 4 don't work. Only the Win 3.5 works.

Message 6 of 32
kozgunVF9WX

There is a problem with the website

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous

Wanting to download, also have this issue any updates please?

Message 8 of 32
yw5aj

Same here - waiting for the download. Could you fix this ASAP?

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous

Message 10 of 32
William_Cromar

Use Wayback Machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20200220222607/http://www.meshmixer.com/download.html

and rt click save as for your version

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: William_Cromar

Thanks only method that was working right now!

Message 12 of 32
William_Cromar

de nada
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous

Meshmixer can be downloaded by going through Fusion 360. In tools, you will select the make menu, select 3d print, and then you have access to Meshmixer download. No the easiest way to do it Autodesk 😕

Message 14 of 32
William_Cromar

I think this method allows you to port a body into an already-installed Meshmixer, but I can't test this theory unless I deinstall my current install. Not willing to try, honestly. Larger question: why does Autodesk act so capriciously with such excellent tools? Probable answer: follow the money...

Message 15 of 32
hfcandrew
in reply to: William_Cromar

MM was acquired by autodesk years ago basically to use the source code of some of the modeling tools which were then integrated into their other paid programs (Netfabb and Fusion etc).

They have made it clear they are no longer supporting and updating MM but they do plan on leaving it free (but unfortunately not open source). I have always found it telling that they have kept a separate website for Meshmixer and not within the autodesk.com domains as it for their other products:  https://www.autodesk.com/products?page=2

Message 16 of 32
William_Cromar
in reply to: hfcandrew

Autodesk will always——always——be at the service of shareholders who pay their yacht-slip fees with the quarterly returns, and never——never——there for the creative people who use "their" software (in what way, other than zombie capitalism, could a tool like MM ever be claimed by such stiflers of innovation as Autodesk?). The unannounced "death" of https://www.meshmixer.com/ is but one among many examples of this user-hostile philosophy.
Message 17 of 32

you are a genius!

Message 18 of 32
MagWeb

Meshmixer.com is on again and downloads should work as expected.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 19 of 32
MagWeb

@William_Cromar :

Would you consider to review your comments above?

Seems there are no plans at Autodesk to burry MM right now.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 20 of 32
William_Cromar

I would, save for Autodesk's history of 1) acting capriciously with the life of a decent software add-in (see: Slicer for Fusion 360 dead in the app store), 2) buying out software to maintain hegemony (see: Maya, developed by Wavefront), 3) migrating from a purchase to a "subscription" model (see: everything), and 4) taking a week to correct a server configuration problem, thus sending a community of creative users into turmoil (see: Meshmixer March 2021). I will concede and retract any notion that Autodesk wants to actually kill Meshmixer for the time being, and I am relieved this is the case, but they have a demonstrated history of pursuing user-hostile business practices as a means to satisfy shareholder ROI. So is it any wonder we jump to the worst case conclusion?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report