Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Crashes When Rendering with Arnold

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1906 Views, 2 Replies

Maya Crashes When Rendering with Arnold

Hello,

I am new to Maya and taught myself the program through the help of good ol' Youtube. I recently got a PC with an RTX3070 GPU and did all the settings to have Arnold render with my GPU in Maya 2020. I tried a blank new file and made a simple circle and it seemed to have rendered fine, but for the specific scene, I need to render my file simply crashes when I hit render. It doesn't even give me a chance to select Denoise.I optimized the file and got rid of any error nodes, and searched all the forums back and forth about what could possibly be causing this issue. I'm hoping someone can take a look at the file itself and try rendering it on their end and see if it has to do with the textures themselves. Some textures are lamberts and some are Arnold textures. In my CPU the process is quick but the rendering isn't the cleanest. I eventually plan on animating in this scene so it is crucial that I can get my GPU to work with this.

"// Warning: [gpu] shader name unknown to OptixProgramCache: MayaFractal //
// Warning: [gpu] Empirical SSS unsupported on GPU, switching to randomwalk in shader M_Tree //
// Warning: [gpu] shader name unknown to OptixProgramCache: MayaFractal //
// Warning: [gpu] shader name unknown to OptixProgramCache: MayaLeather //
// Warning: [gpu] Empirical SSS unsupported on GPU, switching to randomwalk in shader M_PandaHead //
// Warning: [gpu] Empirical SSS unsupported on GPU, switching to randomwalk in shader M_PandaBody //
// Warning: [gpu] shader name unknown to OptixProgramCache: MayaLeather //
// Warning: [gpu] ignoring shader fractal2, node not supported on the GPU //
// Warning: [gpu] unable to link parameter "bump_map" of node "bump2d20", failed to compile shader for source node //
// Warning: [gpu] ignoring shader Wizard_s_Cauldron:fractal2, node not supported on the GPU //
// Warning: [gpu] unable to link parameter "bump_map" of node "Wizard_s_Cauldron:bump2d7", failed to compile shader for source node //
// Warning: [gpu] ignoring shader Lantern:leather1, node not supported on the GPU //
// Warning: [gpu] unable to link parameter "bump_map" of node "Lantern:bump3d1", failed to compile shader for source node //
// Warning: [gpu] ignoring shader Lantern1:leather1, node not supported on the GPU //
// Warning: [gpu] unable to link parameter "bump_map" of node "Lantern1:bump3d1", failed to compile shader for source node //
// Warning: [gpu] contour_filter ("defaultArnoldFilter@contour_filter") not supported on the GPU //
setAttr "defaultArnoldRenderOptions.denoiseBeauty" 0;
# Error: invalid syntax #
// Warning: [gpu] Empirical SSS unsupported on GPU, switching to randomwalk in shader M_Tree //
// Warning: [gpu] shader name unknown to OptixProgramCache: MayaFractal //
// Warning: [gpu] Empirical SSS unsupported on GPU, switching to randomwalk in shader M_PandaHead //
// Warning: [gpu] ignoring shader fractal2, node not supported on the GPU //
// Warning: [gpu] unable to link parameter "bump_map" of node "bump2d20", failed to compile shader for source node //
// Warning: [gpu] contour_filter ("defaultArnoldFilter@contour_filter") not supported on the GPU //
setAttr "defaultArnoldRenderOptions.outputVarianceAOVs" 1;
# Error: invalid syntax #

This is what shows up in my Script editor and I don't exactly understand what these mean. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

All those warnings are for stuff not supported yet on the GPU.

MayaFractal, MayaLeather, and the contourn filter are not supported on the GPU.

You can use aiBump shaders, those are supported.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Hello Stephen! 

Thanks for responding to my question. I never used an aiBump so I don't exactly know what that means. All my textures that I have created are either lambert's or AiStandard Surfaces, some of these have bump map geometry in it. Is it referring that instead of adding a bump map to the AiStandard Surface I add it to an AiBump? I hope this makes sense. It doesn't help that I'm not very knowledgeable of the program and everything Arnold has to offer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report