Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for really good Tutorials on making shaders/Materials

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2193 Views, 2 Replies

Looking for really good Tutorials on making shaders/Materials

Atm I really want to learn how to make shaders/materials for crystals/gems Raw and polished, but yet, I seem to be having a difficult time finding any tutorials.
Also on another note, I am trying to migrate from blender at the same time and the shader system there is borderline the same but vastly different it seems as well... >_> Wish people made tutorials on how to conform to the different programs...

In the attachments are some ideas of what I wanna learn for gems/crystals.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jaime, are you trying to learn for video game or for film/animation/still images?...Video games deal with different shaders that's why I'm asking.

The Mia_X and the new Mila shaders are your best option in Maya for realistic renders, you could start by doing a google search on these, there are good tutorials out there and aslo Digital Tutors , Lynda.com and The Gnomon workshop offer comprehensive videos on the subject.

Message 3 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: damaggio

And also learning scene lighting and rendering will come into play once dialing the shaders.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report