Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Render Time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
849 Views, 2 Replies

Improve Render Time

Hello!

I am currently using Maya 2020 student version and I am trying to render my animated sequence with Arnold. I have a GeForce RTX 3070, Driver version 461.92, Intel(R) Core (TM) 17-10700k CPU @3.80GHz, 31.92 GB Ram. A single still frame takes me about 30min to 1 hour to render completely. I'm trying to export out various numbers of sequences, but with its current time even trying to render out 24 frames would take a day, and I need to render out sequences that are over 200 frames. I don't have a long timeline to get this all rendered out and I have tried to get Oxptix Denoiser working but it simply won't show up, and when I check my task manager it uses maximum RAM but only about 7 to 10% of my GPU. It would be awesome to get more help on this and hopefully speed up my render time. My current file size is 110,112KB. It's too large to attach here but I would love to share the dropbox folder!

Attached are a couple of images of my rendered stills that took about 30min to 2 hours.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mihirsbcc
in reply to: Anonymous

How many Mesh lights you have in the scene?

Optimizing rendering time is not a straight forward process. You have to take  so many factors into consideration: How dense is geometries, How many lights and what types of lights and their sample rates, What kind of Shader materials in the scene, In the render global what is the AAA value and what values are the other attributes in That categories.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mihirsbcc

Attached are a couple of screenshots of the list of lights I have and their samples. I am new to Maya in general so I'm not very well versed in rendering. All the materials are Arnold AiStandard Surfaces. I have my render settings set to use my GPU only so it only takes on the Camera AA information (to my understanding at least) and that is set to 4. As for my Ray Depth settings I also have a screenshot of it. My max AAA value is 50. My image size is set to HD720, with 4 frame padding. If it helps to share the file I can share you the dropbox folder that I have with all the assets and the files. Also for some reason, my Optix Denoiser is missing now.  Also not all the lights are on for different scenes. I make sure to turn them off when I'm not using them or are not seen in the camera shot, same with objects.

System Settings.jpg

Render Settings.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report