Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch render crashing with motion blur

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
844 Views, 3 Replies

Batch render crashing with motion blur

Hi, first I tried to search for help on the redshift forum but it is down since few days so here I am...

I'm trying to make a batch render of an alembic coming from houdini with 500 000 vertex, it is a snow storm so many little sphere. 
When i try to render it with redshift with motion blur, a normal render or an ipr, everything is working but when i want to make a batch render it crashes always at the same frame, I made a render layer where i only put the particles and i created an override for this layer for the motion blur settings so i can make very low attributs, I tried with less amount of particles, I tried on other scene.. but it always crashes. 

I am supposed to have 128 gB ram, a rtx 2070, and as cpu i5 10600k 4.10Ghz.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I forgot to precise that if i desable the motion blur, the batch render works perfectly and also i'm on maya 2019.3.1 

Message 3 of 4
mihirsbcc
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey, most likely the renderer is not able to calculate the motion blur of previous frame .  Try to ignore that frame and set up your start frame to the next frame. Such as if your render is crashing at frame 80, in your render global make your start frame to 81, if it crashes, then set it to 82.... Long time back I had the same problem and this is what I did. Then I rendered that particular frame separately.

To be honest, we do not use motion blur rendered out. The best way is to Get the AOV of Motion Vector which we comp it in any comp apps.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mihirsbcc

Hey, thank you for the reply, I think I will do it in comp yes, that would reassure me because I have other issue to deal with haha 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report