Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I set up ACES correctly?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jmollot
224 Views, 1 Reply

Did I set up ACES correctly?

I'm not sure if I set up ACES correctly and this is just how it's supposed to look, or if I did something wrong? I'm attaching a link to a zip of my scene file, and also two images (the flatter one is ACEScg, and the more contrasty one is a Linear Rec709 render). To me the ACEScg render looks worse i.e. less specular nuance, Normal map isn't coming through, and color is flatter. Did I do something wrong? Using Maya 2023 with Arnold.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X2UC_zGm9oTY11nhosGTEnkQTXY_-tCY?usp=share_link Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 1.34.40 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 1.34.48 AM.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
_sebastian_f
in reply to: jmollot

a bit late but if it still matters:
your file seems to be setup correctly. color texture is flagged as srgb, data textures as raw. so i would say the ACEScg is correct.

what confuses me is the Rec709 render. it seems like you don´t use the default maya color management config. which is not necessarily a bad thing but a) it seems to be older than the default maya one and b) i dont see that you could even render in Rec709 color space with your config! so i´m not sure what you did to get the second image. if i use a working config there are the expected differences in color between the different color spaces but no were near to your second render.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report