Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Rules for .exr and .hdr images Maya 2022

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
bryanebentley
630 Views, 0 Replies

Color Rules for .exr and .hdr images Maya 2022

Greetings All, 

I am setting up my color rules in Maya  2022. I am using a substance to Maya workflow so my file names are pretty consistent. The new rules I made for the LDRI images work fine. For example, any file with "*BaseColor" is set to sRGB and any file with "*Normal" is set to raw etc etc. 

However, I cannot seem to get the .exr and hdr rules to obey setting the color space to "scene-linear Rec.709-sRGB" instead of "raw" which is the default.

Here is what I have tried

- editing the rules in Maya with the default config file and saving the preference XML. Exrs and hdrs still come in as raw. 

- Duplicating the Maya config folder and editing the config file so that the rules set exr and hdr files to "scene-linear Rec.709-sRGB". Exrs and hdrs still come in as raw. 

- I tried adding all the rules I would need directly in the new config file but then I was getting parsing errors.

I may be missing something or there may just be a bug, I am unsure. But the fact that it is ONLY the exr and hdr files that are resisting the changes makes me think it is something I am doing, or not doing. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers, 

B

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report