Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold, Maya 2017 doesn't load "not currently available"

74 REPLIES 74
SOLVED
Message 1 of 75
Anonymous
47059 Views, 74 Replies

Arnold, Maya 2017 doesn't load "not currently available"

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/supportRenderers.mel line 64: The renderer "arnold" used by this scene, is not currently available. The "mayaSoftware" renderer will be used instead. //

So I tried Maya 2017 with Arnold and everything worked fine but then I installed the first update and now I get that warning, I already reinstalled Maya.

74 REPLIES 74
Message 21 of 75
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

hi

this was fine in 2017 - the latest Update 1 of Maya wiped it out for me

i have uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled MtoA-1.3.1-2017

i've checked the box in the plug-in manager (memories of mental ray not installing) and i get this error message

// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found. (mtoa)

no joy!

if anyone figures out whats going on please advise. thank you.

Hi. To me it happened the same problem when installing the update 1. It worked perfectly well with my PC settings.

Please do not put this again, I have all the requirements working very well!!!:

"Hi

That Could be a number of things, such as:

CPU does not support SSE4.2
     https://arnoldsupport.com/2016/03/08/arnold-minimum-cpu-requirements/

Missing environment variables

Missing DLL dependencies

See also:

https: //arnoldsupport.com/2016/04/23/mtoa-unable-to-dynamically-load-mtoa-mll-the-specified-procedur ..."

Then I tired of checking that everything was fine, uninstall Update 1 and "everything works fine again".

Thanks!!! if anyone can help with the problem.
Message 22 of 75
Anonymous

ah - ok - so you just went back a version and it was fixed?

thank you.

Message 23 of 75
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

ah - ok - so you just went back a version and it was fixed?

thank you.

Hi. You just uninstall update 1 from the control panel and ready, you may also need to reinstall Arnold.

All the best.
Message 24 of 75
Anonymous

I am having the exact same issue. I had to uninstall Update 1 to get Arnold to load. Obviously this has something to do with the update but can't figure out exactly what is causing it. For the record, my system is brand new with latest and greatest hardware so SSE Instructions are all current, video card is compatible, etc. I would love a solution to this and fast. Multiple projects looming.

Message 25 of 75
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

I tried your method, its not working.

my cpu support sse 4.2

it says "// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/supportRenderers.mel line 64: The renderer "arnold" used by this scene, is not currently available. The "mayaSoftware" renderer will be used instead. // "

I try to reinstall arnold but its not working as well.

i cant find mtoa.mod in the file location that you give me 

Message 26 of 75
Anonymous

Hi.

It is rare, with only uninstall Update 1 and everything returns to normal. Try to turn on the plugin directly into Maya.

The location is C:\solidangle\mtoadeploy\2017\mtoa.mod

All the Best.
Message 27 of 75
cakeller98

Are you saying that you have the latest Maya 2017, Update 1 installed and no license for Arnold beyond what is included with Maya 2017 and the Arnold render loads for you? Is this on Windows 7 x64? or another OS?

I am having the same problem and hear a lot of people giving the same BAD advice when at least several of the people have confirmed SSE4.2, and gone through uninstalls and reinstalls. and for the record the topic at that link has no useful information for me.

CPU does not support SSE4.2
     https://arnoldsupport.com/2016/03/08/arnold-minimum-cpu-requirements/
     Missing environment variables
     Missing DLL dependencies - pfft... download dll walker?  I guess it's my responsibility to fix faulty installers now by downloading some extra app? no thanks.

https://arnoldsupport.com/2016/04/23/mtoa-unable-to-dynamically-load-mtoa-mll-the-specified-procedur...  <<< this artical is less helpful than this thread so far.

It sounds like Arnold is broken after update - at least for those that have said so. I have yet to see anyone post "yes after update 1 maya 2017 on windows" that they have Arnold working. If you did get it working and found a way to do it without uninstalling the update 1, then please please post your procedure.

after a scorched earth - complete scrape of all autodesk products everything uninstalled following autodesk's outlined procedure to do so ( here ).  Reinstalled Maya 2017 without arnold, then Update 1 without arnold.  Installed Arnold from the separate 1.3.1 installer from Solidangle's website - no joy, same errors.  Tried the troubleshooting tips with environment variables, no joy.  uninstalled mtoa 1.3.1, and managed maya 2017, and added Arnold that way... still no joy.

with every install/uninstall, I've deleted the maya user directory so there's nothing there.

- spent over a half day on all these troubleshooting tricks.

done for now.  hopefully no one replies to this "have you checked your CPU or etc" as... YES! I have RTFM on Autodesk, and Solidangle... and none of their troubleshooting works.

😉

Message 28 of 75
Anonymous
in reply to: cakeller98

once i uninstalled v1 - then reinstalled 2017 - then enabled the plug-in arnold seemed to work fine again

it seems astonishing to me that now autodesk OWNS arnold that they can't check this sort of thing before foisting an update on us. remarkable.

Message 29 of 75
cakeller98

@Anonymous wrote:

once i uninstalled v1 - then reinstalled 2017  

you mean you uninstalled "Maya 2017 Update 1, and reinstalled/repaired Maya 2017 - then Arnold works again.  But now you do not have Maya 2017 Update 1.  Is that correct?

That solves being able to use Arnold, but does not solve being able to use Arnold with Update 1.  And WHY if that is the case, is this not publically disclosed by Autodesk.  In other words, if it's a known issue, I wish they would publish it so we could not have to waste our time thinking it is a problem that we need to troubleshoot ourselves.

good reminder why it's sometimes good to just wait until everyone else has tried it for a few weeks.

Message 30 of 75
Anonymous

yes that's correct. i went back a version.
Message 31 of 75
pshwayka

FWIW - I just installed 2017 Update 1 on a Windows 10 (latest update) machine. Arnold is working fine for me. (Core i7 990X processor, nVidia Quadro K5000 graphics.)

Message 32 of 75
cakeller98
in reply to: pshwayka

OK good to know. What I want to know is if anyone has done it on Windows 7 x64 (like those of us who have had the issue)
Message 33 of 75
Anonymous

I tried enabling Arnold in Maya with Update 1 installed and it would not load. After uninstalling Update 1 Arnold loaded. That said, I am experiencing intermittent crashes while using Arnold. Not sure if uninstalling Update 1 made Maya unstable or just that Maya 2017 is buggy in general.

Message 34 of 75
cakeller98

what OS?
Message 35 of 75
Anonymous

Yes, that is correct... Maya 2017 with Update 1 and the latest version of Arnold for Maya. Hardware aside, the only difference is I am on Windows 10 Professional. Other than that we are having the exact same problem. It's my belief that this is a bug in Maya 2017 Update 1. Hopefully Autodesk is working on a patch/update/whatever for it. 🙂

Message 36 of 75
cakeller98

OK so you have the update problem on Windows 10.
I am having it on Windows 7 x64.
pshwayka is on Windows 10 and does not have the update problem.
Message 37 of 75
Anonymous

Hi.

Here is the solution.

Install the update 1 of Maya and then download new version of Arnold for Maya (MtoA 1.3.1.1.) on your download page: https://www.solidangle.com/arnold/download/

Cheer!!
Message 38 of 75
cakeller98

Nope - Does not work for me. Tried this, get same error.

Sorry - I thought this was the same advice given before.  Appears this is ACTUALLY a fix for Maya 2017 Update 1.  Will test this today! thank you.

Message 39 of 75
cakeller98

SOLVED - this worked for me on Windows x64 with Maya 2017 Update 1.

NOTE from Solid Angle on their release notes page. 😉

"This Version is needed to run on Maya 2017 Update 1. Previous versions will fail to load due to changes in Maya's API"
Message 40 of 75
pshwayka

Not sure why that fixes it...Maya 2017 Update 1 already comes with mtoa 1.3.1.1. 

Disregard. Evidently early versions of the 2017 update came with 1.3.1.0.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report