Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold, Maya 2017 doesn't load "not currently available"

74 REPLIES 74
SOLVED
Message 1 of 75
thehexeno
44815 Views, 74 Replies

Arnold, Maya 2017 doesn't load "not currently available"

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/supportRenderers.mel line 64: The renderer "arnold" used by this scene, is not currently available. The "mayaSoftware" renderer will be used instead. //

So I tried Maya 2017 with Arnold and everything worked fine but then I installed the first update and now I get that warning, I already reinstalled Maya.

74 REPLIES 74
Message 2 of 75
pshwayka
in reply to: thehexeno

Make sure the MtoA plugin is enabled. (Mine got unchecked somehow a little while ago, resulting in the same error.)

Message 3 of 75
thehexeno
in reply to: pshwayka

Yes, that was the issue, thank you!

Message 4 of 75
mkenwor1

I experienced a similar problem, but then proceeded to try to activate it in the plubin manager. What I get is the following error message... Error: line 1: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (mtoa) Any clue as to what that is all about? Thanks for your time.
Message 5 of 75
pshwayka
in reply to: mkenwor1

Unfortunately I haven't seen that error before. I think @Anifex09 has  used Arnold for a while...perhaps he can provide some insight.

Message 6 of 75
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: mkenwor1

Hi

That could be a number of things, such as:

See also:

https://arnoldsupport.com/2016/04/23/mtoa-unable-to-dynamically-load-mtoa-mll-the-specified-procedur...

Stephen
Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 7 of 75
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Hi,

My CPU supports SSE 4.0 ( It is an Intel Core 2 Duo E 7400) . I have installed Maya 2017 besides Maya 2016.5 ( Still on my system). And when I was launching Maya 2017 for the first time I set the Default Preference. Was this a reason why " Arnold is not loading" ; gives me the Error :  Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 32:  (mtoa)

Waht could be the issue ? and What could be the possible solution ??

Message 8 of 75
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

If your CPU does not support SSE 4.2, then you won't be able to use MtoA on that machine. Arnold requires SSE 4.2.

SSE 4.0 is not enough.

Thanks

Stephen

Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
Message 9 of 75
Anonymous

Thanks a lot!!...This crystallises my decision to buy a new workstation.
Message 10 of 75
Anonymous

Im currently Learning maya, my Arnold render is now suddenly gone. Where can i check i the menues if it has been loaded ?

Message 11 of 75
Anonymous

found it 🙂 Sorry guys...

Message 12 of 75
Anonymous

It would be great when people have issues, that they then learn to solve, they didn't say, never mind found it. Other people will come on the thread looking for solutions to the same issues and the thread will die there. If you find the solution please post the answer. I am new to maya and am finding this 2017 release to be full of bugs and malfunctions.  Very frustrating trying to learn and program when you close it and then your hotkeys are gone when you reopen it. 

You close out maya and open it the next day and suddenly arnold won't load. Maybe these are mac only issues am not sure but I am finding the experience a bit nightmarish. 

Message 13 of 75
Anonymous

So to answer my own question and for anyone else looking

Window-->settings/Preferences--->Plug in manager then you scroll through that menu till you come to MtoA section there you can check the load and or autoload functions on. 

Also for anyone else on mac with a multi-touch trackpad and are finding that perspective viewport follows your cursor and tumble around you have to deselect multi-touch gestures in the preference panel.  Windows--> setting/Preferences--->Preferences--->interface and then uncheck multitouch gestures.  This will stop the perspective viewport from freaking out anytime you move your mouse cursor. 

Message 14 of 75
Stephen.Blair

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be great when people have issues, that they then learn to solve, they didn't say, never mind found it. Other people will come on the thread looking for solutions to the same issues and the thread will die there. If you find the solution please post the answer. I am new to maya and am finding this 2017 release to be full of bugs and malfunctions.  Very frustrating trying to learn and program when you close it and then your hotkeys are gone when you reopen it. 

You close out maya and open it the next day and suddenly arnold won't load. Maybe these are mac only issues am not sure but I am finding the experience a bit nightmarish. 

If MtoA is not loaded when you start Maya, then open the Plug-in Manager, find mtoa.mll, select the the Loaded check box and the Auto-Load check.

The "auto load" is saved as a preference in ~/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2017/prefs/pluginPrefs.mel

Perhaps Maya didn't exit properly and the preferences were reset? It seems to me that over the years I've seen mentions of the same thing for other plugins, like mayatomr. 

For example: http://mayafeedback.autodesk.com/forums/160518-small-annoying-things-to-fix-in-maya-forum/suggestions/2993937-maya-doesn-t-load-plugins

Thanks

Stephen
Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
Message 15 of 75
Anonymous

Thanks Stephen
Message 16 of 75
Anonymous

Hi,

I was running Maya 2016.5 and Maya 2017 on my workstation with several errors and warnings (Unable to dynamically load : C:/solidangle/mtoadeploy/2017/plug-ins/mtoa.mll included). So decided to uninstall both and install only Maya 2017. It works for one day. Then the mtoa loading error came back.

I'm not quite sure if I restarted my workstation after the installation but I definitly opened and closed Maya several times without any errors.

If I try to load mtoa.dll via Plugin Manager manually I get this error: // Error: line 1: The specified module could not be found. (mtoa) //

My system is running with Win7 64bit. CPU supports SSE4.2. I installed Maya 2017 with the download link inside my Autodesk Account, so I think I have the right version.

I also checked for missing libraries with Dependency Walker and got errors and warnings. AI.dll is missing.?

I'm lost now and need help please.

Message 17 of 75
Stephen.Blair

@Anonymous wrote:

If I try to load mtoa.dll via Plugin Manager manually I get this error: // Error: line 1: The specified module could not be found. (mtoa) //

Load manually? Does that mean that mtoa.mll is not listed in the Plug-in Manager?

In that case, the mtoa.mod module file is missing. By default, it should be in the folder

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Modules\Maya\2017

I would uninstall MtoA and then install the latest MtoA 1.3.1:

https://www.solidangle.com/arnold/download/#arnold-for-maya

Thanks

Stephen

Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
Message 18 of 75
Anonymous

Hi Stephen,

Manually means clicking the loaded checkbox in the Plug-in Manager.

Thanks for your hint to uninstall MtoA and reinstall it seperatly. I found out that our Symantec Endpoint Protection caused the problem. When I download MtoA it is suspicious and moved to quarantine. Obviously the scanner had also prevented a correct installation before but without any feedback.

Arnold works for me now!

Message 19 of 75
Anonymous

Hey everyone I was having the same issue after Maya crashed ....... I went to recheck the box and it wouldn't let me.... had to go over and get the newest download for Arnold .... and delete the old version and install the new ..... and had to make sure the preference was checked for such

https://www.solidangle.com/arnold/download/

https://support.solidangle.com/display/AFMUG/How+to+install+MtoA

hope that helps

Message 20 of 75
mwmingram

hi

this was fine in 2017 - the latest Update 1 of Maya wiped it out for me

i have uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled MtoA-1.3.1-2017

i've checked the box in the plug-in manager (memories of mental ray not installing) and i get this error message

// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found. (mtoa)

no joy!

if anyone figures out whats going on please advise. thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report