Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizing With MFnNurbsSurface

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jmreinhart
344 Views, 1 Reply

Optimizing With MFnNurbsSurface

So I have a custom deformer that slides points along a nurbsSurface. I've gotten it to be very optimized, but the major bottleneck is the calling the "getDerivativesAtParm" method for each deformed vertex, and the fact that it can't be multithreaded. I know that MFnNurbsSurface is generally not threadsafe but since the nurbsSurface isn't being deformed I'm wondering if there's another nurbs library or something that I can convert the nurbs data into and then multithread the queries that way. I know that's quite a vague question, but I've never really used c++ outside of the Maya API, so I'm not even sure where to begin on something like this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jmreinhart
in reply to: jmreinhart

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/Maya-Cha...

This part of the documentation lists the wire deformer as one of the deformers that runs on the GPU, but the MFnNurbsCurve class isn't multithread safe. How can that be?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report