Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

without affecting the silhouette

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
selvakvigneshmaya
204 Views, 2 Replies

without affecting the silhouette

I am trying to do the shape 1 with the same silhouette before adding the bevel as u can see i want that shape after extruding but the thing is when i beveled it the curvy edges are not curvy before adding the bevel as you can see in the reference this will be a problem as i am trying do repeat the shape multiple times as it will impact the curvy edges is there any way to avoid this i have attached the ref and the file kindly check on it.ref.pngsilhouette not smooth.png

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You need to fix the topology for this to work. Your image is in smooth mesh mode so it's hard to see the real topology underneath, always post the mesh image in wireframe before Subd.

Here are 2 different options, B has a better topology but A can also work, it's better to put the cut inside a row of faces not centered between 2 rows, that way you  gain more sharpness on the cutout part because the edges above and bellow are closer to the cut. ....check the differences. You can also add  edge loops on the opening to retain sharper edges if that's what you are going for.

Message 3 of 3

Noted will do from next time .Thanks duly noted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report