Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute Editor crashing model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
803 Views, 1 Reply

Attribute Editor crashing model

Hey guys,

Been learning to use Maya 2017, and so far things have been fine. Last night the model I'm working on suddenly became unresponsive whenever the Attribute Editor tab is open/active and I select an object (seems to be almost 50% of the model will cause this issue). Maya will freeze for 1-2 minutes then become responsive again. I've  tried opening Autosaves 30 minutes prior to issue, and copying/pasting model into blank project with no success. I was able to delete the top half of the model, reselect the remaining model, and after some brief lagging, the model became usable again. CTRL-Z reintroducing sections immediately brought back the lag, deleting the objects didn't help.

I'm running on a high-spec PC, an 8 core AMD FX processor, 16gb ram, 4GB GTX 970. I've had no issues to date with Maya, and other "non-tainted" projects work just fine.

Hope you can help!
Thanks

EDIT: Even opening autosaves that I know were running fine at the time are having the exact same issues.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous would you mind posting the scene file so I can test the issue on my machine :)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report