Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invert Selection -> Delete Faces: Remaining faces collapse

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1453 Views, 4 Replies

Invert Selection -> Delete Faces: Remaining faces collapse

So this keeps happening and it's driving me nuts. If I extrude faces and then invert selection and delete, my remaining faces collapse in unpredictable ways. Sometimes a jumble of verts like a crumpled piece of paper, sometimes they disappear completely, sometimes like in the following pictures. If I deselect and then go through and manually select faces to delete, and then delete, there is no problem... :dunno:

InvertSelection01.pngInvertSelection02.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting! I've been trying to replicate this on my machine but haven't been having any luck - very strange! is this behavior tied to the specific scene you are working in? Aka, if you go to a new empty scene and follow the same steps with a poly primitive (cube, sphere, etc.), does the same behavior happen?

Also, I have you tried shutting down Maya and Resetting your preferences to default?

Thanks for being a part of our community! I look forward to hearing from you.

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 5
jordan.giboney

Hi @Anonymous 

I hope you are doing well 🙂 I wanted to check in and see how things were going. Did you have a chance to try my suggestions? Any new developments with this behavior?

Let me know if there is anything I can help with! 🙂

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jordan.giboney

Hi there.

No it happens on many scenes. at first I thought it was because a duplicated object was sharing a transform node or some sort of heirarchial problem. It does it more often than not and I have tried resetting preferences to no avail.

I also have a problem that may be related in that duplicated objects want to follow other objects into and out of layers, and will not delete from layers.

Makes it seem like it's a glitch. I'm going to update to 2019 and see what happens. I'll check back in. Thanks for your responses.

I'll attach a scene file next time it happens.

Best,

Jim

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

This is happening to me in 2019 as well.      The only fix I could find was to remove History on the object before deleting the faces.   another annoying step ha.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report