Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XYZ Axis Issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2919 Views, 5 Replies

XYZ Axis Issues

I am having an issue within Maya 2016. When trying to rotate an object the "rotation sphere" with the x, y, and z axis doesn't appear, but yet the vertex, edge, plane, and object can still be rotated. When trying to scale, all I see is the center yellow square, and the x, y, and z axis lines are black go on in each of there respective directions. the object can only be scaled using the yellow box. Lastly, when moving the object, it is similar to the scaling situation, however the lines for the axis are colored for their respective directions, but still go on in whatever direction. I am not sure how to fix this. I also apologize if I am not using the correct terms since I am still very new to the Maya program. I transitioned from 3DS Max a few weeks ago. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Can you post some screen shots to show the problem?

Cheers

Mike

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Move.jpgRotation.jpgScaling.jpg

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Just posted the images Mike, I hope this helps, if not let me know what else I can do to help

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Ah ok, yep I see the problem

The issue is that your manipulators have had their render size increased such that you can't see the actual handles anymore because they are off screen (Bit of a weird "feature" in Maya to be honest).

Anyway you can fix it by selecting an object, choosing a tool such as the move tool and hitting the minus key ( - ) a few times. Likewise to make the handles bigger you just need to hit the plus key ( + ).

Cheers

Mike

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

You, litteraly saved my life. THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤️ 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report