Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xgen clump issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
christian_warstat
296 Views, 3 Replies

Xgen clump issue

Hey, if I add a clump modifier to my Xgen interactive groom, a few clumps near the parting line go completely crazy. They go into the skull and aim for the opposite direction they should be going in.
I also get these MASSIVE curls.
I have a region map set up and I believe I also have enough guides. Even added a bunch more, just to see if it changes anything. It doesn't.

I've recreated the guides 3 times now. I consistently get this issue every single time.

Also, If I add the clump modifier to the guides stack instead, the guides will also behave in this same irrational manner. So it can't be a messed up region map I think.
Even tried a different UV layout, but no matter what I try, I can't fix it...

Anybody have any idea what causes this? 😞

I've attached a few screenshots of what I'm dealing with.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Im cant see it exactly on the images but i assume those curles do come from areas with two influences. Does it get better if you create a guide in that area?

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 4

I've tried more guides, though they didn't help much I'm afraid.

In the meantime somebody suggested to use the region map as the custom map in the clump modifiers.

That finally seems to have fixed it.

I've tried custom maps before, without much luck. Apparantly the trick was to use the exact same map I used for the region map. It's a bit annoying that I have to manually reload the texture for the custom map every time I change something in the region map and sometimes it straight up doesn't save and I have to do the work twice, but other than that it appears to be stable for now. 🙂

Message 4 of 4

Hmm... Okay, just randomly stopped working again.

Had to create a brand new region map and link it to the clumps custom maps again. No idea why it broke...

But simply repainting the one I had did not fix it. Had to be a new file.

Also noticed a few hairs at the border of the seam going into the wrong direction now. I made sure to paint at 100% opacity, without stylus pressure enabled to prevent creating regions of multiple influences. o.o

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report