Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Radeon RX 580 8GB card work with Maya?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4543 Views, 5 Replies

Will Radeon RX 580 8GB card work with Maya?

This card is not specifically on the certified graphics hardware list.  Tech guy said this card is comparable to GeForce GTX 1080.  I just want to make sure it will work with Maya 2018.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Since it is not on our certified list we can't guarantee anything. It's possible Maya will run fine and perfect but it's also possible there may be issues or driver issues etc.

I'd recommend looking online to see if anyone else has the same card and has done work in Maya so you can get an idea of what to expect!

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Sean,

A quick search looks like Autodesk software (in general) should work fine with an RX 580.  When my daughter is home we'll load up Maya 2018 and give it a run.  The tech guy said the 580 is on par with GeForce 1080, so on paper it sounds compatible and speedy, we'll see.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Has information about this card been updated since last year?

@Anonymous wrote:

This card is not specifically on the certified graphics hardware list.  Tech guy said this card is comparable to GeForce GTX 1080.  I just want to make sure it will work with Maya 2018.

Message 5 of 6
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous 

It still isn't on the certified list but the RX 480 is. The card will probably work with Maya we just can't 100% guarantee there won't be any potential issues.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

And now can you say anything about compatibility Radeon RX 580 8GB card  with Maya?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report